The guest list for the Met Ball, the annual gala that celebrates the opening of the NY Metropolitan Museum’s fashion exhibit, always reads like a red carpet who’s who, and this year was no exception! Amongst dozens of celebs, Allison Williams stunned with her hair styled by Rebekah Forecast for amika.
“The hair look for Allison was inspired by the theme of the gala, Manus x Machina—as we look at couture vs. ready to wear. The hair look complements Allison’s dress, a style that is both traditional, yet modern. The fishtail braid, with added volume to the front of the hair, is a new twist on a traditional updo and shape,” says Rebekah Forecast for Amika.
Get the Look:
1. Starting with damp hair, apply Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray throughout the hair.
2. Next, apply Amika Heat Defense Serum and blow-dry the hair using the Amika Power Cloud Force Dryer.
3. At the hairline, add extra volume with the Amika Digital Titanium Glide Styler to add a bend in the root—the hair should not lie flat against the head.
4. Begin to fishtail the hair in a spiral formation around the head, and secure with hairpins, as needed.
5. As your separate the hair into sections, apply Amika Curl Defining Cream to add volume and shine.
6. After each section of braid is complete, gently tug on the segments and spray with Amika Un.Done Texture Spray to add thickness and to secure the style.
7. Continue to spiral the fishtail around the head, and once complete, seal the look with Amika Touchable Hairspray.
Photos: Getty Images