Redken invites curly haired girls everywhere to toss their flat iron with the launch of the NEW! Curvaceous professional customizable system for all curl types.
A recent study found that if clients could choose to have any hair type as their natural hair, nearly 80% of respondents would opt to wake up with wavy/curly hair while only 16% would elect for straight hair. With 65% of the world population already rocking wavy or curly hair and the remainder evidently wishing they did, encourage your clients to embrace their curls with Redken’s NEW! Curvaceous, a complete professional, customizable system from care to style that transforms all curl types: waves, curls and spirals.
Suitable for color-treated hair, Redken Curvaceous is the first professional system to address top curl concerns including dryness, frizz, fragility and dullness, while also providing three days of curl definition* and 97% frizz reduction.** Featured in each of the ten Curvaceous products is the exclusive Curl Memory Complex, a combination of sugar crystals to attract moisture and reactivate shape, moringa oil to drench dehydrated curls with a boost of moisture, and UV filters to shield hair from environmental aggressors and protect color-treated waves, curls and spirals from fading.
“As anyone that has curly clients knows, the curly hair market can be tricky and exhausting to navigate. Many of my curly haired clients turn to trial and error, or cocktailing, in an attempt to find the perfect combination of products that work best for their hair type,” says Rodney Cutler, Redken Brand Ambassador and owner of Cutler/Redken Salons in NYC. “Redken’s new Curvaceous line is one-of-a-kind as it has a clear navigation designed to minimize the need for trial. Curvaceous offers products that are universal to all curl types as well as ones formulated to best suit one specific curl type. It eliminates all guesswork out of caring for one’s curls while simultaneously nourishing and protecting them from color fade and environmental aggressors that further aggravate the curl structure.”
With formulas to fit every preference, Curvaceous offers three gentle, paraben-free, non-stripping cleansers containing varying levels of foam and moisture. Encourage your clients to follow with the Curvaceous Conditioner which can be used both as a rinse-out and leave-in treatment to help nourish and define waves, curls and spirals. To prime hair before styling and help further activate its texture, choose from two universal stylers the NEW! Curl Refiner moisturizing and curl-defining primer for curl definition and discipline, and the launch’s star product, the NEW! CCC Spray climate control caring spray-gel to perfect curls while fighting frizz and humidity, all in just one step. Use the CCC Spray throughout the day to give curls a refreshing boost, and layer it with any of the Curvaceous stylers to achieve the ultimate curvy look. To style curls without the fuss, choose from four stylers based on curl type: Wind Up energizing and texturizing spray to hydrate waves and revive definition; Full Swirl sculpt and shine cream-serum, a 2-in-1 formula with the perfect balance of cream and serum for curls; Ringlet shape-perfecting lotion to help transform unruly spirals while providing a shiny, touchable finish; and Spiral Lock high-hold gel to define spirals and control the look of frizz and bounce.
Follow the below steps to achieve the hottest Curvaceous looks based on your curl type:
FOR WAVES THAT WOW
● CLEANSE: Gently massage Curvaceous High Foam Lightweight Cleanser throughout wet hair. Rinse.
● CONDITION: Apply Curvaceous Conditioner evenly throughout hair. In a downward motion, use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute and detangle. Rinse.
● STYLE: Squeeze and towel-dry hair. Mist Curvaceous Wind Up energizing and texturizing spray on each section of the head using a “squeezing technique” to boost waves with shape and shine. For added fullness, allow hair to gently fall freely on either side while diffusing. Repeat on opposite side until dry. To refine, randomly wrap waves around a 1″ curling iron barrel. Finish by styling waves into desired shape and lightly mist Curvaceous CCC Spray climate control spray gel to define and perfect.
FOR CURLS THAT CAPTIVATE
● CLEANSE: Gently massage Curvaceous Low Foam Moisturizing Cleanser throughout wet hair. Rinse.
● CONDITION: Apply a generous amount of Curvaceous Conditioner evenly throughout hair. Rinse. For increased manageability and control do not rinse completely.
● PRIME: Squeeze and towel-dry hair leaving behind a small amount of moisture. For thicker or drier ends, apply a small amount of Curvaceous Curl Refiner moisturizing and curl-defining primer.
● ACTIVATE: Lightly mist Curvaceous CCC Spray climate control caring spray-gel to define and perfect.
● STYLE: Apply Curvaceous Full Swirl sculpt and shine cream evenly throughout entire head. Twist 1”-2” sections of the hair around your fingers to define and set. Diffuse hair until about 80% dry and allow the rest to dry naturally. For next day styling, recommend Curvaceous CCC Spray climate control caring spray gel for flexible hold and frizz control.
FOR SPIRALS THAT SIZZLE
● CLEANSE: Gently massage Curvaceous Low Foam Moisturizing Cleanser from lengths and ends, working up towards the scalp for 1-3 minutes. Rinse. Alternate every 3 weeks with Curvaceous No Foam Highly Conditioning Cleanser.
● CONDITION: Apply a generous amount of Curvaceous Conditioner throughout mid-lengths and ends. In a downward motion, use your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to evenly distribute and detangle. Rinse.
● PRIME: Squeeze and towel-dry hair. Apply Curvaceous Curl Refiner moisturizing and curl-defining primer from mid-length to ends. Twist sections with your fingers for targeted moisture, definition and bounce.
● STYLE: Using your fingers, rake a small amount of Curvaceous Spiral Lock high-hold gel throughout entire head. Diffuse or air dry, and finish by separating spirals into desired shape. For next day styling, we recommend Curvaceous CCC Spray climate caring spray gel for flexible hold and frizz control.
*With use of Curvaceous Low Foam Moisturizing Cleanser, Conditioner and Ringlet vs. a non-conditioning shampoo
**With use of Curvaceous Low Foam Moisturizing Cleanser, Conditioner and Full Swirl vs. a non-conditioning shampoo