Learn how to create a whimsical, high bridal ponytail with hair artist Caralee Pridemore, Sam Villa Ambassador.
With bridal season in full swing, a couple hairstyles have risen to the top, like the bridal ponytail. “This is one of my most requested ponytails,” says Caralee Pridemore, Sam Villa Ambassador and Founder of @sweetlypinnedbycaralee of this high bridal ponytail… and she has a pretty serious arsenal of amazing ponytails.
“Brides love a good ponytail because it allows them to feel like themselves, plus it’s super comfortable and stable,” adds Pridemore. “I think this one has been so popular this season because it’s placed high on the head which lifts facial features, and it’s the perfect balance of clean polish and soft texture.”
High Bridal Ponytail
- Start by using Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Texturizing Iron all over (on fine hair) if hair is thicker / more coarse start at crown area and focus around face using vertical slices at root.
- Curl everything with a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1.5” –
- alternate curls for a looser look.
- Add backcombing at crown area for volume with a tail comb.
- Use a texture spray to tousle curls and give volume to the pony.
- Leave face framing pieces out and comb everything else towards the middle of the crown for an elevated ponytail.
- Secure ponytail using a hair bungee, grab the remaining pieces and place overtop the ponytail. Take hair from the left and wrap around and then the right wrap around pull through the ponytail using a topsy tail hair tool.
- Curl any remaining face framing pieces away from the face and fan out using hairspray and tail comb to create an effortless look.
- For added volume and more density to the hair, ask the bride/client to bring in clip in extensions.