Schwarzkopf Professional worked with hairstylist Tyler Johnston to create Actress and Producer Sofia Vergara stunning hair for the Miami premiere of her new Netflix series ‘Griselda’ using OSiS+ products.
Estetica Magazine is excited to share this look on the heels of the announcement of Sofia Vergara becoming Schwarzkopf’s NEW Global Brand Ambassador.
TYLER JOHNSTON’S INSPIRATION BEHIND THE LOOK: “An 80s inspired look, by dropping the hair back over one side of the shoulder & given lift to the crown area. It gave an 80s feel to the hair which mirrored the incredible 80s inspired outfit that Sofia was wearing.“
Look Step by Step:
- I started the haircut by lifting the outline length so it drops just past the shoulders.
- I point cut the outline to create softness.
- I then cut some very long layers into the internal shape, again using the points of my scissors to create softness.
- I then shaped the outline through the front so that it gave really beautiful face framing, this is key to the overall shape and look, it gives modernity and personalizes the finished look.
- For the blow dry I used the OSiS Grip Extreme Hold Mousse and gave the hair a full blow out.
- I then worked with a large barrel tong and created texture around the mid length sections leaving the ends out, this gives a more modern feel.
- After leaving the sections to cool down, I worked with a bristle brush and worked the hair so that it creates a modern contoured wave.
- At the root area on top of the crown I slightly lifted the roots to give a classic retro feel but still keeping it modern.
- I worked with OSiS Dust It around this area to give more support and hold
- Then I added a fine mist of OSiS Freeze Medium Hold Hairspray overall to hold the shape and give a sheen like modern finish.
Image credits: Instagram @sofiavergara