This great holiday look by Jamie McDaniel, Sam Villa Ambassador, is an easy winner for any special occasion this season!
Updos have always been a go-to holiday look! There is also a wide variety of chignon styles to choose from. Any updo lend a touch of elegance and enhance facial features.
“High buns are wonderful because you get dramatic volume from the front, and the eye draws the profile up due to how high the ponytails are placed,” explains Jamie McDaniel, Sam Villa Ambassador @jamiemcdhair. Even better when it’s all wrapped up with a pretty bow for the season. See tutorial below.
High Bun Holiday Look
Follow the video tutorial and these easy steps to get the perfect holiday look.
- Directionally blow dry hair after applying Redken Full Volume. Use a Sam Villa Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer and Signature Series Paddle Brush.
- Randomly crimp sections throughout the interior of hair with a Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron. This will add grip and volume.
- Use a tail comb to part a diagonal line behind both ears, meeting at the top of the crown. Secure with an elastic to create the first ponytail.
- Starting at center front, use the tail comb again to create a zigzagged diagonal back parting 1” into the hairline and drop out. Create a voluminous, organic second pony that sits up close to the first pony.
- Create a braid with the hair from the first pony. Pinch and pull until preferred volume is achieved and pin up with bobby-pins/grips.
- Polish off second pony and hair dropped out around face. Use a Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr Professional Straightening Iron to add a slight bend in the hair.
- Divide pony into 4 sections and organically pin into preferred location around the braided bun.
- Polish off and secure with Redken Max Hold Hairspray and a holiday bow.