Oribe at NYFW S/S 2024 coifed models for the couture collections of cutting-edge designers for the coming season.
Oribe at NYFW S/S 2024 created stunning coifs for four important runway shows, flaunting expert know-how and originality. All the styles were adapted to best enhance each model and the mood of each collection.
Oribe for Dauphinette S/S 2024
The Dauphinette Spring/Summer 2024 Collection drew inspiration from both physical and spiritual protection. Oribe Principal Artist of Global Content, Mandee Tauber helped achieve this by creating a hair look that feels heavenly, rough and dystopic.
Get the Look: Grunge Waves
- First, prep hair from roots to ends with Maximista Thickening Spray.
- Next, using a one-inch barreled Marcel Curling Iron, begin curling the hair section by section away from the face. Leaving about an inch of hair at the end out of the clamp to create more natural and lived-in waves.
- Use setting clips to set the wave into place to condense shape.
- Once the entire head is curled, remove setting clips. Then apply Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray from roots to ends to add definition and texture.
Lapointe S/S 2024 – Hair by Joey George using Oribe Hair Care
The Lapointe Spring/Summer 2024 Collection drew inspiration from winning the lottery: that moment of feeling your most expensive self with elevated, luxurious shades of black, vibrant-bold color, and embroidered patterns. To complement this vision, Session Stylist Joey George incorporated the collection’s patterns with variations of interwoven braided hair pulled into high ponytails, completed with two face-framing micro braids.
Get the Look: High and Tight Ponytail
- Prep the hair with layers of Foundation Mist, Invisible Defense Universal Protection Spray, Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray, and Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream.
- Blow dry the hair smooth and straight using the Italian Resin Flat Brush.
- Once the hair is dry, create a center parting.
- Next, apply Gel Sérum Radiance, Magic and Hold and Rock Hard Gel throughout the hair. Gather hair into a high ponytail, leaving out two small face-framing sections of hair.
- Secure the ponytail at the top of the head with a strong elastic.
- Next, create a cornrow braid on each of the loose sections of hair. Leave out a small section of hair at the very front. To create the cornrow braid, cross the left strand over the middle strand. Then cross the right strand over the middle strand. Add a small strand of hair from the same section into the braid every time you cross over a section. Repeat this process towards the back of the head until the braid meets the base of the ponytail.
- Repeat the cornrow braid on the second loose section.
- Next, braid the hair in the ponytail from the base to the ends and secure with an elastic.
- Then, braid the two remaining small pieces of hair at the front of the face. Secure each one with an elastic.
- Apply Rough Luxury Molding Wax on the edges.
- Set the final look with Superfine Strong Hair Spray for all day hold.
Eckhaus Latta S/S 2024 with hair by Dylan Chavles & Oribe Hair Care
The Eckhaus Latta Spring/Summer 2024 Collection is described as a “modernized, expensive casual” vibe, which is brought to life through beautiful fabrics and textures. Session Stylist, Dylan Chavles created a hair look that reflects the collection: hair that resembles a fabric itself with plenty of shine and styled with the illusion that it’s stuck in place.
Get the Look: Stuck in Time
- First, wash hair with The Cleanse Clarifying Shampoo, do not follow with conditioner.
- Next, spritz Maximista Thickening Spray from roots to ends, then diffuse the hair’s natural texture until dry.
- Then, brush the hair out with the Italian Resin Flat Brush for 10-30 minutes to train hair to stay in place.
- Next, apply Swept Up Volume Powder Spray to the back of the head and continue brushing hair up with the Italian Resin Flat Brush.
- Next, apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to the sides of the head and brush those sections back.
- Complete look with a spritz of Superfine Hair Spray to hold shape in place.
Advisry S/S 2024 and Oribe’s Kien Hoang
The Advisry Spring/Summer 2024 Collection drew inspiration from the shift and modernization of film, from classic black and white pictures to technicolors dreams. Oribe Principal Artist of Global Design, Kien Hoang helped achieve this by translating defined, sculptural waves of decade past into ethereal and airy streetwear styles, wearable for the modern day.
Get the Look: Streetwear Glamorous Waves
- First, prep hair with Mystify Restyling Spray to add protection and moisture while reawakening the natural curl pattern.
- Next, create a center part and apply Crème for Style on 2-inch sections in the crown.
- Once applied, wrap alternating sections around a flexi-rod, leaving room at the root to enhance the natural shape of the curls.
- Twist the remaining hair left out of the flexi-rods around each other to form a twist braid. In this way there is a variety within the waves.
- At the bottom of the twist, wrap the ends around a flexi-rod to have varied texture throughout the length.
- Next, diffuse the entire set to lock in the curls.
- Once dry, remove the flexi-rods in each section.
- After all flexi-rods are removed, fan the curls out by pulling apart with your fingers to add body.
- To redefine the crown, apply Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray for shine and smoothness.
- For the hairline, slide Rough Luxury Molding Wax through the strands and add pin curl clips between waves to define edges and maintain an architectural shape.
- Lastly, remove the clips and run Featherbalm Weighless Styler to the waves to smooth flyaways. Then add Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray to set in the style.