Learn how to create these vibrant, fascinating festival waves to rock the Summer with a magnetic hairstyle that screams fun and creativity!
Achieving the Festival Waves’ trendy look is all about embracing colorful hues and adding playful texture to your client’s hair! One of the best things about festival season is the HAIR – the braids, texture and color are so extra. Karla Valenzuela, Sam Villa Ambassador and Redken Artist @kolor.me. karlaa, shares how to create colorful festival waves to try out this season.
“The key to creating festival looks is allowing your artistic side to take over… use color, accessories and pieces, have fun with it,” says Valenzuela.
- Get colorful – it’s the perfect excuse to mix and match multiple colors, think unicorn. Valenzuela was trying to mimic color swirls that float on top of oil for the above model.
- Pack a compact USB chargeable Sam Villa Pro Results Cordless Flat Iron before hitting the road and use for touchups. It stays charged for 45 minutes!
- High ponytails, braids, space buns and twists are great for keeping hair out of the face and are low maintenance.
- Accessorize – flowers, sparkles, butterflies, feathers…
Colorful Festival Waves
- Work in Redken Big Blow Out Jelly and blow dry with a Sam Villa Signature Series Thermal Round Brush 1.5”.
- Apply Redken Thermal Spray 11 in sections and curl hair with Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron & Wand 1”.
- Use vertical sections and alternately curl hair away and towards the face.
- Use a Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush to smooth waves.
- Spray Redken Dry Texture Spray and work through for added texture and volume.