Everyone wants fresh styling options for the party scene, so why not fake it with a hybrid textured faux bob?
“Most people with mid to longer length hair can rock this party hair look of mingling movements because it works for any texture, shags that are evolving and is great for those looking for a non-traditional up style. Plus, it’s really easy to do!” explains Teresa Romero, Creative Director for Sam Villa.
Creating a mix of curls, waves and straighter pieces by alternating hot tools creates a hybrid texture that brings a fresh edge to the party.
How to Style a Textured Faux Bob
- Create a strong foundation by blow drying hair with a Sam Villa Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer and Redken Big Blow Out.
- Start at the scalp with a 3” wide X 1” deep section, spray with hairspray and use a Sam Villa Signature Series Pro Results Single-Waver to create a wave. Repeat down the section.
- Take the next section, spray with hairspray, and while holding a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand vertically, wrap hair around in a spiral shape.
- Continue working on sections and alternating irons and techniques, making sure to allow curls and waves to cool.
- Gather hair in the back into a low ponytail and fasten an elastic to the end. Roll it up to rest in the nape of the neck and secure with hair pins.
- Gently pull and shape the remaining hair into place and finish with Redken Control Addict 28 for hold.
Credits Creative Director and Hair: Teresa Romero; Photography: Nico Norsdström/Obsidian and Blush; Makeup: Leticia Tapia and Delia DeLeon; Wardrobe: Michi Lafary/Obsidian and Blush; Tools: Sam Villa; Products: Redken; Model: Tatum Forbis.
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE weekly Facebook Live classes and 10-minute YouTubetutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.