Learn how to create an easy holiday hair headband with hairstylist and educator Ellen Devine, Sam Villa ArTeam member.
“If you’re looking for a quick and easy style for holiday parties, either for yourself or guests, this hair headband with pearls is great. And it can easily be taught to a client… because we can’t always be there for them,” says Ellen Devine aka @ellendevinehair. Devine ordered the adhesive pearls in multiple sizes from Amazon and used a Sam Villa Pro Results Single-Waver to create the fun texture. See the look created here.
Holiday Hair Headband
- Take a diagonal section behind an ear with a tail comb, brush vertically with a Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush to smooth and make hair slick and tight. Rub Cult + King Balm in hands and apply to smooth flyaways and add grip for the pearls.
- Tuck section over ear, spray with soft hold hairspray and hold with a dry sectioning clip.
- Repeat on other side.
- Join both ends and secure together with an elastic under the neckline to create a band of hair.
- Spray hair with Redken Thermal Spray 11 and comb through.
- With the single-waver on 320° to protect haircolor, take horizontal and diagonal sections throughout the head and compress down the hair strand. Larger sections will form a looser wave.
- Let cool and soften waves with the finishing brush and texturizing spray.
- Remove a pearl, tweezers can be used for the smaller ones, place in two diagonal lines on one side, and then fill in the gaps to make a zig zag pattern. There’s artistic freedom here, so get creative.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Make sure to press pearls into hair so the product and adhesive on the pearls set.
“It creates the illusion of a headband, but it’s more modern and youthful than just wearing a regular headband,” says Devine.