Learn how to create an astonishing micro fringe with Manda Ziegelman’s, Sam Villa Ambassador. Check it out!
Fringe is the focal point of most cuts, especially Manda Ziegelman’s, Sam Villa Ambassador @mandaziegelman, signature alt-inspired works of art. Every fringe is customized with ‘hand’ styling for a lived-in natural finish. See here.
“This is your art, so be mindful of what you’re exposing while carving and use your fingers to push and sculpt a beautiful shape,” they explain.
How To Carve Micro Fringe Tips:
- Spray area with water for control, and after combing through hair, find the high point of the head by resting the comb on top and rocking it forward. Where the comb releases is the length of fringe that can be cut without a problem.
- Use a Sam Villa Signature Series Razor – always a fresh blade for each cut! The swivel allows an artist to really get in close and slide cut.
- Teach guests to push micro fringe forward. A sign that it is too long is when it starts falling to one side, at that point it loses its definition and vibe.
- Pinch each section in fingers and hold the razor like a pen in the other hand while carving outwards in a zig zag motion to create space, bend and movement.
- Use a lightweight salty spray to sculpt and bend fringe into place.
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE weekly Facebook Live classes and 10-minute YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.