Last Monday, Issa Rae and Amanda Seyfried looked stunning at the 2022 Emmy Awards. Learn how to recreate their hairstyles with Matrix!
Matrix is thrilled to work with celebrity stylists, Felicia Leatherwood and Renato Campora on the ever-so-stunning nominees, Issa Rae and Amanda Seyfried. Please see below for the complete ‘Get The Look’ red-carpet breakdowns!
Issa Rae by Felicia Leatherwood for Matrix
INSPIRATION: Sleek, silky, and sexy modern bob.
GET THE LOOK:
- On freshly cleansed hair, we prepped the hair with the Matrix Total Result Instacure Porosity Spray, to prep the hair for heat styling, smooth cuticles, control static and frizz.
- Next, after evenly distributing hair to ensure the entire hair is protected, part the hair straight down the middle, and began the blow-drying process using blow dryer and followed up straightening iron, to create a perfectly sleek and silky textured blunt bob.
- Next, I used Matrix Over Achiever 3-in-1 Creme + Paste + Wax around the edges to hold down baby hairs.
- To seal the deal, finish with Matrix Vavoom Triple Freeze Extra Dry Spray, just at the top of the hair as we still want the bottom of her hair to have movement, but controlled flyaways.
Amanda Seyfried by Renato Campora for Matrix
INSPIRATION: Vintage Hollywood movie star.
GET THE LOOK:
- On wet hair, prep the hair with Matrix So Silver All-In-One Toning Spray to neutralize and brighten up Amanda’s signature blonde. Then apply Matrix Instacure Anti-Breakage Porosity Spray to nourish the hair and build a foundation for the hairstyle.
- Blow out hair section by section with a round brush and smooth out all the hair. Once the hair is smooth, in big sections, I used 1.5” curling iron around the ends to really polish the ends.
- Brushed hair out and created a middle part. Following that, separate the front section of hair from the back following the ear line, then pull the bottom half into a bun first, and then combine the top half of hair to the existing bun, wrapping the strands around and securing with bobby pins.
- Once all of the hair is secured into the bun, apply Matrix StyleLink Super Fixer Strong Hold Gel to make sure all of the baby hairs are in place.
- To finish, use Matrix Vavoom Triple Freeze Hair Spray to ensure the hair will hold all night. Matrix Vavoom has a 24- hour hold and anti-frizz humidity resistance, a must-have for the night.