TikTok star Dixie D’Amelio stunned on the MTV Video Music Awards red carpet with a wet, stunning look by celebrity stylist Laura Polko.
For last Sunday’s 2022 MTV VMAs, see below for how celebrity stylist and Aquage Brand Ambassador Laura Polko styled TikTok star Dixie D’Amelio for the red carpet!
GET THE LOOK: DIXIE D’AMELIO
● “We wanted to create a wet look on Dixie for the VMA’s. To get the look, I started out by mixing up Aquage’s Transforming Paste, Defining Gel, Silkening Oil Treatment and a little Finishing Spray for good hold, working the mixture through the back of her hair towards the front. This is a great product combination as it won’t flake but still gives amazing hold.”
● “While her hair was still damp, I used the T3 Fit Dryer on medium heat and lower heat settings to lock in the product and style.”
● “From there, I started working more product towards the front of her head, and then pulling the sides back and clipping with setting clips, which gave the hair a slight, yet beautiful, texture that made it look wet.”
● “I worked all the hair back and tied it into an intentional, unintentional loose bun with some pieces sticking out. In the front, I styled intentional pieces across and around her face, which really contributed to the whole style looking wet.”
● “To polish off the look, I applied a little more Defining Gel and applied low heat with the T3 Dryer to set everything into place.”
Credit opening image: Getty Images