TikTok star Dixie D’Amelio stunned on the MTV Video Music Awards red carpet with a wet, stunning look by celebrity stylist Laura Polko.
GET THE LOOK: DIXIE D’AMELIO
● “We wanted to create a wet look on Dixie for the VMA’s. To get the look, I started out by mixing up Aquage’s Transforming Paste, Defining Gel, Silkening Oil Treatment and a little Finishing Spray for good hold, working the mixture through the back of her hair towards the front. This is a great product combination as it won’t flake but still gives amazing hold.”
● “While her hair was still damp, I used the T3 Fit Dryer on medium heat and lower heat settings to lock in the product and style.”
● “From there, I started working more product towards the front of her head, and then pulling the sides back and clipping with setting clips, which gave the hair a slight, yet beautiful, texture that made it look wet.”
● “I worked all the hair back and tied it into an intentional, unintentional loose bun with some pieces sticking out. In the front, I styled intentional pieces across and around her face, which really contributed to the whole style looking wet.”
● “To polish off the look, I applied a little more Defining Gel and applied low heat with the T3 Dryer to set everything into place.”
Credit opening image: Getty Images