Pete Burkill is the talented stylist behind many trending celebrity looks. Pete has a special eye for detail. His unique vision and contemporary style has seen him snapped up by numerous celebrities and TV shows.
His reputation has spread rapidly through the industry, bringing must-have looks to leading fashion pages and blogs, whilst predicting hair trends ahead of the catwalk. Here, Pete Burkill explains how to get the look using Kent Salon Brushes.
1. Section the hair from front to back, then working up one side using low elevation.
2. Using minimal tension, with a fine-tooth comb cut a small, curved line from the ear to the front of the hairline using Leaf Scissors.
3. Repeat on the other side and then section from the ear to the occipital bone, building up a finger’s depth of graduation using scissor-over-comb underneath this graduated line.
4. Repeat on the other side and tidy up with clippers.
5. Blow-dry using the Kent Salon KS09 and wrap dry until smooth. From there, smooth the ends with the Kent Salon XS brush.
“I love the Kent Salon range of brushes because not only do they look incredible in my kit, but they work incredibly too,” says Pete. “Kent Salon has a brush for every eventuality, but I would never be on a shoot without my Kent Salon Dressing Out Brush (KS04) – it’s the best I’ve ever used.”