The global event of the year is back LIVE! Alternative Hair 2022 – Legends will take place on 9th October 2022 at Troxy, an Art-Deco theatre in Stepney, East London.
The core aim and belief of Alternative Hair still focuses on helping finance research into childhood blood cancers. This is at Great Ormond Street as well as other hospitals. It also supports families with a sick child and assisting global projects to train medical staff. The odds of a child surviving Leukaemia are much higher than they were 40 years ago. However, much more work is still essential, which is why: the show must go on!
As the years have passed, this enduring event has also focused on showcasing the artistry of global hairdressing teams as well as finding and promoting new talent.
The loyal and regular fans of Alternative Hair have looked to the show for inspiration as well as entertainment. Because, Alternative Hair is not just about raising money, it’s also about raising the status of the hairdresser. The hairdressers showing their work on stage are absolute craftsmen, artists and visionaries. Many hours, days and weeks go into the creation of each team’s individual show and it’s the legacy of Alternative Hair to show their work to at its very best.
After 2 years of Virtual Streaming, the 2022 Alternative Hair Show, LEGENDS, will be LIVE once again – located at a new venue: TROXY, an Art-Deco theatre in Stepney, East London, with an audience capacity of over 3,000 and with fantastic views of the stage.
- Sunday’s LEGENDS Show will host the grand final of the 2022 Visionary Awards as well as the Legends Artistic Teams.
- Everyone buying tickets for the main show will also be able to watch the Virtual VISONARY AWARDS SHOW which takes place on Saturday 8th October. The Visionary Awards has grown massively since Anthony Mascolo, Alternative Hair President, came up with the concept as a way of promoting and inspiring new talent. Surprisingly entries have not diminished over the last 2 years and this year promises to be a truly exciting and creative event.
- The main show on 9th will once again be streamed virtually across the Globe.
- Tony Rizzo has dedicated 40 years of his time and effort to make the Alternative Hair Show happen. Every year is hard. It certainly hasn’t got any easier. Without the magnificent support of sponsors and hairdressers, the show cannot happen…..
- This year’s Alternative Hair Show will see Alfaparf as its Premier Sponsor together with Platinum Sponsor: Wella. Charity Sponsors for this year’s show are: Infringe, Semi di Lino, AH products, Linda Beauty, Sun Sea Academy, Sebastian and Parlux.
- To date some 13 million pounds has been raised.
- Tickets and further information as available now from: www.alternativehair.org