The best in the beauty industry showed up at America’s Beauty Show 2022 to have FUNN and help the community of salon professionals Flourish, Unite, Network and Navigate three full days of in-person education and energizing experiences at America’s Beauty Show, April 9-11, 2022, Rosemont, IL.
America’s Beauty Show 2022 was bigger and better than ever! This year, thousands of licensed professionals attended the industry-leading event. Exhibit space for ABS 2022 was SOLD-OUT. Stylists, salon owners, estheticians, nail technicians, barbers and students eager to explore the ABS 2022 show floor, stages, classrooms and FUNN that the venue offered. Festivities kicked off Saturday with an opening ceremony ribbon-cutting with the Cosmetologists Chicago Board of Directors, producers of ABS, gorgeous ABS models. Crowds of excited attendees danced onto the show floor.
“Our industry is fueled by love and FUNN,” said Frank Fulco, CEO of America’s Beauty Show. “We appreciate the passion of our community and are always inspired by the beauty pros and brands who show up to connect, support each other, and have FUNN together.”
On the Show Floor
Big brands and salon-favorite products and education fueled the FUNN and energy. These included Olaplex, Redken, Matrix, Biolage, Mizani, Pulp Riot, Moroccanoil, L3vel3, Keratin Complex, Wahl Professional, Andis, Farouk, AMIKA, Cali-Curl, Helen of Troy, Brazilian Professionals, K18. Others were also available to deliver a vibrant education and shopping experience.
Once inside, attendees discovered a FUNN beauty world. Attendees recharged between education, events, and shopping at the new FUNN Street Market. Here they enjoyed games, product giveaways, food stations, photo inspiration and more.
For shopaholics, the SalonCentric Value Center was back bigger than ever. Plus, the NEW Hair Extension & Lash Value Center by Beauty Industry Group offered close-out prices on hair extension and lash brands pros love.
A star-studded runway
The Runway@ABS is always the heart of the action! Attendees flocked to see high-caliber hair and fashion presentations. Leading experts were on hand to break down the latest trends and how-tos in cutting, color, curl, styling, extensions and more. Performing artists included: Lin Phan (@bescene) for K18; The Ulta Beauty Pro Team (@ultabeauty); Presley Poe (@presleypoe); Ammon Carver (@ammoncarver and @cali.curl) for Cali-Curl; Larisa Love (@larisadoll); Chrystofer Benson (@cbensonhair); Damien Carney (@damiencarneypro) and Greta Coston (@gretacoston) for CLICS; and Greg Gilmore (@greg_gilmore), Shelby Connell (@shelby_connell),and Kevin Hughes (@hairbyeleven) for Moroccanoil.
Taking the stage at ABS 2022
The ALL-NEW Salon Innovation Stage at ABS featured dynamic panel presentations and innovative speakers in an energetic educational theater.
Saturday was Salon Innovation Panel Day and included:
- “The Pigmented Panel,” a discussion on how to work through some of the frustrations artists of color face in the beauty industry, hosted by Jalia Pettis.
- “Game Changers,” featured celebrity stylists and salon leaders Ted Gibson and Jason Backe. Salon business leader and Huddle Time podcast host Ronit Enos was also on hand. Attendees also enjoyed such strong industry voices as Sam Villa, Candy Shaw, Carolyn Aronson, Dr. Leon Alexander, Jen and Matt Martinelli and Will Simpson. Frank Fulco, CEO of America’s Beauty Show. acted as the moderator of this extraordinary panel.
- “An Hour with Industry Legends” featured a conversation with Eric Fisher and Oscar Bond, presented by Hattori Hanzo.
Salon Innovation continued with:
- “Mane Inspiration” presented by Natalie Ruzgis (@natalieruzgis) and Jesse Marriott (@hairbyjesseray) on behalf of Hotheads.
- “The Salon of the Future” by Ted Gibson and Jason Backe.
- “The 10 Commandments of Balayage” by Candy Shaw.
- Individual classes by Ashlee Norman, Steve Walderman for Haircuttery, and Ronit Enos, among others.
- Student Team Competition Awards presented by Beauty Cast Network, which also offered a Student Power Hour of education as well as a Career Showcase all three days.
Then the Barber Stage @ABS was also a big part of the FUNN! Barbers, stylists and students appreciated cutting-edge education all three days, with presentations from AROD (@arod23pr), Carlos Estrella (@los_cut_it) and Yahia Jaber (@mrofficial) with L3vel3; Katrice Thompkins (@katricethompkins_), John Mosley (@popular_nobody), Kenny Duncan (@kduncangrooming), and Danny Amorim (@successaddict) with Andis. Another highlight? The “Copy the Cut Challenge” barber competition.
Don’t miss out on FUNN and educational opps at ABS 2022!
CEU classes are always a hit and were included with the ABS 2022 ticket price! Licensed professionals learn and earn the hours they need to keep their license current when attending America’s Beauty Show. Indeed, a ticket includes classes in hair color, cutting/styling, barbering, business, nails, extensions, make-up, and esthetics. Additionally, required classes on sexual assault and domestic violence are available.
But the FUNN doesn’t end there! It continues during ABS After Hours! Beauty people like to come together for a good time, to celebrate talent and to do good, too. Saturday night offered the annual CC Presidents Party. There were awards and honors, including the Jerry Gordon Salon Business Award, given to Jeff South. Then the Fred A. Piattoni for Industry Service award went to John Amico. The Associated Hair Professionals hosted the 2022 Influencers of the Year party followed the CC Presidents Party. Sunday’s highlight was the 10th annual Beauty Changes Live Experience and NextGen Runway Show, raising funds for industry scholarships and mentorships.So save the dates! The 100th Celebration of America’s Beauty Show will be hosted April 15-17, 2023 in Rosemont, IL!