New Year, New Look! Learn how to create not one, but two amazing, inspirational New Year’s Eve looks with Karla Valenzuela!
New Year’s Eve is a time to celebrate new beginnings… and in the world of hair, a new year brings new trends. Karla Valenzuela, Sam Villa Ambassador @kolor.me.karlaa, breaks down two trends for next year with added shimmer to ring in 2022.
“A high ponytail is youthful and fun, add a little tinsel and it’s party worthy… it’s all over TikTok. Similarly, baby braids are an easy way to frame the face and add texture to any hair type, and will definitely have staying power in 2022,” explains Valenzuela.
High Pony with Tinsel
- Apply Redken Guts 10 and Iron Shape 11 and directionally blow dry hair up towards the crown in preparation for a high pony with a Sam Villa Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush.
- Attach tinsel using extension tape around hairline. Leave at least 1” of hair around hairline to cover the extension tape.
- Use the paddle brush to smooth and gather into a high ponytail and tie a butcher’s knot with sewing elastic to secure.
- Add more tinsel to the ponytail with extension tape – sticking tape into the interior of the tail to conceal it.
- Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap around elastic.
- Use a Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr® Professional Straightening Iron to smooth and add shine to the ponytail.
- Finish with Redken Triple Take 32 for hold and Shine Flash glass-like shine spray for added gloss.
Baby Braids with Tinsel
- Apply Redken Full Frame 07 on dry hair and blow dry using a paddle brush, lifting 90º off the scalp to create volume (dry moussing technique).
- Make tinsel extensions by sticking tinsel on the sticky side of Bellami single-sided tape and then add single sided tape to secure the tinsel.
- Peel off the protective film from double-sided tape and stick on the tinsel extension to the interior of the hair.
- Spray Redken Hot Sets 22 for thermal protection and hold.
- Use a Sam Villa Pro Results Double Waver to create waves.
- Create a middle part and add two baby braids to frame the face, gently teasing the tail ends to lock and secure the braids without having to use a hair elastic.
- Finish with Redken Triple Take 32 for hold and Shine Flash glass-like shine spray for high gloss.
Tune in weekly to learn more valuable information from Sam Villa and team here. Including “Mannequin Mondays,” “Transformation Tuesdays,” and “Wellness Wednesdays” on Facebook @SamVillaPros, YouTube @SamVillaHair and Instagram: @SamVillaHair. Quarterly “Show Must Go On” events can also be accessed on the same channels for FREE!