It’s Holiday Hair time, dear Estetica friends! Learn how to create a fab French Twist Low Pony with Sam Villa Ambassador Karla Valenzuela.
Embellish, embellish, embellish – it’s Holiday Hair time, so bring on the bling! Karla Valenzuela, Sam Villa Ambassador @kolor.me.karlaa, says Pink Pewter, Duplantis Hair Official and Etsy have all the shimmer and glitter to light up any holiday look. Don’t forget to get some word hair slides and barrettes, the newest way to express brand allegiance, political views, moods and labels… anything and everything!
How To: French Twist Low Pony
1. Prep hair with Redken Iron Shape 11 for heat protection. Spray Redken Guts 10 on dry hair to add volume and hold. Do a directional blow dry with a paddle brush and Sam Villa Light Professional Ionic Blow Dryer.
2. To help add volume and grips for pins, use a Sam Villa Signature Series Texture Professional Texturizing Iron 2 inches off the scalp, only on the interior.
3. Use Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr® Professional Straightening Iron to add loose curls.
4. Brush out curls with a finishing brush and direct hair to one side.
5. Insert big bobby pins vertically. Make sure that the openings are facing upwards to help keep hair from falling down. Pro Tip: Weave pins into hair for a better grip.
6. Gather loose hair, twist inwards and towards the direction of the bobby pins and pin to secure, covering all pins. Redken Fashion Works 12 can be used as a working spray.
7. Add lived-in texture and separation to the top surface hair or exterior by compressing small sections with the Sleekr® iron to enhance ridges.
8. Finish with Redken Triple Take 32 for strong, long-lasting hold.
9. Embellish with accessories – holiday hair pins, shimmery pearls, sparkly holiday sentiments, fresh or faux holly, ribbons – bling it out!
Sam Villa is Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of the Sam Villa Company (Allvus, LLC), a leading education and styling tool company for the professional hair industry. He is also Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5th Avenue, a L’Oreal brand. Villa is the 2021 NAHA Educator of the Year, 2020 International Hairdressing Awards ‘International Hair Influencer of the Year,’ the 2017 NAHA Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, Intercoiffure America/Canada Member, Behind the Chair Stylist Choice Award Winner for Favorite Platform Artist and Educator (2012, 2011 and 2007) and Favorite Overall Educator of the Year (2015).