Celebrity hairstylist Harry Josh and KMS and Goldwell were the perfect team to style Irina Shayk and Karlie Kloss for the fabulous 2021 MET Gala red carpet.
Celebrity hairstylist Harry Josh teamed up with KMS and Goldwell to create perfectly coifed VIP heads for what is perhaps the single most fabulous fashion event in the Big Apple – the 2021 MET Gala. Josh used KMS and Goldwell products for the understated styles that complemented the stars’ haute couture gowns, enhancing their natural beauty.
See below for how to get the looks from Harry:
Irina Shayk for KMS
Harry Josh drew inspiration from the 90’s minimalism of soft, sleek, touchable hair with natural body. Then he created Irina’s sleek bob for this over-the-top red carpet. And of course, essentials from KMS were on hand from start to finish.
1. To start, Josh prepped the hair with the KMS MOISTREPAIR Style Primer to repair the hair’s surface and build a lasting foundation before styling.
2. Then he applied a small amount of KMS MoistRepair Hydrating Oil to the towel-dried hair to provide lightweight hydration.
3. After blow drying the hair, Josh treated it with the KMS MOISTREPAIR Anti-Breakage Spray from mid-length to ends to condition and detangle strands.
4. A deep, extreme side part with a heavy bang gave the perfect combination of chic, yet playful.
5. Harry Josh locked the look into place with the KMS HAIRSTAY Working Hairspray, for a touchable, moveable finish.
You can find all these KMS products at a KMS salon here.
Karlie Kloss for Goldwell
Harry Josh created a slick, chic bun to balance the drama of Karlie’s bold, architectural red dress for the red carpet. With the help of essentials from Goldwell, Karlie’s smashing look wowed everyone. Please see below for the breakdown on how to recreate her red carpet look.
1. Harry Josh began with Goldwell DualSenses Bond Pro Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner to strengthen hair before styling began.
2. Prior to drying, Harry Josh then applied the Goldwell StyleSign Flat Marvel Straightening Balm from root to tip to protect hair from hot tools and provide long-lasting frizz control.
3. Harry Josh then separated hair into three different sections and pulled each one back into the bun, leaving the center part for last. This allowed him to create brush strokes upward toward the crown, while leaving drama in the center.
4. He then secured each section in place with the Goldwell StyleSign Just Smooth Sleek Perfection Thermal Spray Serum to fight humidity throughout the night.
5. As high wattage lighting demands red carpet shine, Harry Josh finished with the Goldwell StyleSign Just Smooth Diamond Gloss Protect & Shine Spray. This way he guaranteed intense shine and a silky smooth touch and glossy surface. Finally, he locked it in with the Goldwell StyleSign Perfect Hold Magic Finish Lustrous Hairspray.
All Goldwell products can be found at a Goldwell salon here.