Nominated for Best Actress for her role in “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”, Viola wore a princess-like gown by Alexander McQueen with a chic updo by Wilson. The hairstyle was recently created on a photo shoot, and the duo agreed it would be the perfect style for the Oscars’ evening’s look.
Last Sunday was extra special, as Jamika and the Hair Department Lead for “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”, Mia Neal became the first black women to win Oscars for hair and makeup!
Get the Look with Jamika Wilson:
1. I started by washing and conditioning to add moisture to the hair, creating the perfect foundation for the style.
2. Upon towel drying, I used MATRIX Total Results Miracle Creator Multi-Benefit Treatment Spray and spray all over for protection of the hair. – It’s super versatile and has 20 beautifying benefits for the hair. It nourishes, boosts shine, adds moisture, protects against hear + more!
3. Once hair is dry, use a small curling iron to define curls and add a bit more curl and texture to the style.
4. To taper the sides, I used a small amount of MATRIX Style Link Super Fixer Strong Hold Gel to slick her sides.
5. The style is finished off using MATRIX Total Results High Amplify Flexible Hold Hairspray for flexible strong hold for continuous lift and volume along with shine! The look is set in place to last all evening.