Knowing how to create a speedy updo at the chair is extremely beneficial. Knowing how to prep hair first to create a foundation of thickness to sculpt a shape quickly and have it last all day? Now that is pure MONEY!
Twylla Jane, Sam Villa Ambassador, shares how to create a Long Boho Updo in minutes that’s so speedy and stable it will have everyone asking for MORE, MORE, MORE!
“For formal looks, I encourage guests to be as comfortable as possible. If they don’t like pulling their hair up and away, yet still want the ability to add a veil and/or accessories, this look is a great option outside of the traditional go-to half-up style,” explains Twylla Jane.
Thickness, grip and texture are the building blocks for shape and staying power. Before forming any special occasion style, use a Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron throughout the entire head or on just a few hidden sections to amp up the foundation. Utilizing braids as anchors, connecting accents or weaving pieces also gives staying power.
1. Apply Redken Guts 10 to roots and blow dry with a Sam Villa Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer and thermal round brush with the ion feature off to maximize volume. Then, using 1” sections horizontally, slice ¼” off the top of each section and compress with the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Iron to create additional thickness for extra hold and visual softness throughout the style.
2. Take two diagonal back partings on each side starting from the temples and ending at the center back of the head. Create two ponytails at the nape in the outside sections and flip the ponytails through to help hide the elastic.
A picture containing wall, indoor, hairpiece
3. Create a French braid in the center section using large subsections and finish with a regular braid down to the ends. Braid the outer two ponytails.
4. Loop the outside braids through the center braid to incorporate all the braids together. Use bobby pins where necessary to secure the braids together.
5. Soften braids by pulling random sections out gently to create fullness.
6. Finish by adding accessories like fresh flowers (Baby’s Breath won’t wilt as quickly as others), pearls, ribbons or accent pins.
“This style will last all day and get tons of compliments because of its uniqueness,” adds Twylla Jane.
Watch Twylla Jane create this style and more here below