American Crew®, the Official Supplier to Men™ announces Luke Munn of Australia, Jonathan Pereira of Belgium, Sandra Perovic of Canada, Daniil Gochua of Russia and David Da Campo of Switzerland, as the Global Champions of the 2020 All-Star Challenge.
The All-Star Challenge is an annual global competition that highlights world-class talent in men’s grooming.
This competition encourages barbers and hair stylists from across the globe to showcase their top-tier technique and skill by creating original looks with American Crew® products that capture the trendsettingyet-timeless spirit of the brand. Having transformed from a local competition to a global event, the All-Star Challenge has provided vast opportunities and industry inspiration for many years. This year, the brand is choosing five global winners from the 29 participating country winners, recognizing even more incredible talent and diversity in terms of hair textures, styles and trends.
“The level of artistry that was displayed in this year’s All-Star Challenge showcases the way the industry is evolving and diversifying,” said David Raccuglia, Founder of American Crew®. “Our five winners brought forth their individual backgrounds, grooming specialties, cultures, and visions to life in a way that truly excited the Global Committee. We look forward to seeing how this accolade helps push their creativity and further their careers in 2020 and beyond.”
The five winners were chosen as their respective country’s winner by their in-country judging panel, before being submitted to The All-Star Challenge Global Committee. The Committee made their decision after careful consideration of the following judging criteria:
- ▶ Structure of the Haircut
- ▶ Finishing of the Haircut
- ▶ Representation of the American Crew Brand
- ▶ Originality
- ▶ Art Direction – Wardrobe
- ▶ Art Direction – Photography
The All-Star Challenge Global Committee consists of David Raccuglia, Founder of American Crew®, Paul Wilson, American Crew® Global Artistic Director; Phoenix Thomson, American Crew® Global Education Manager; and Gillian Gorman Round, American Crew® Global General Manager. With so many talented barbers and stylists in the competition, these five looks stood out to the judges and are acknowledged as today’s industry-leading talent:
- ● Luke Munn, Australia: A modern creative cut that features a solid shape, structure and plenty of texture.
- ● Jonathan Pereira, Belgium: A chic & contemporary look for a natural hairstyle with enhanced curls.
- ● Sandra Perovic, Canada: A classic cut with a heavier fade on the sides for an edgy feel.
- ● Daniil Gochua, Russia: A style inspired by Style For The Road collection using height and texture with a matte finish.
- ● David Da Campo, Switzerland: A perfect blend of volume, texture and lightness for a versatile look for the modern man.
The five global winners will be rewarded with a $5,000 cash prize and an invitation to attend an exclusive CREW STYLE MAKERS trip to Los Angeles with the American Crew® team. Additionally, winners will have the invaluable opportunity to learn from industry professionals whilst showcasing their individual talent in an editorial photoshoot directed and captured by American Crew® founder and renowned photographer, David Raccuglia.