Arrojo Salon from New York City, NY with team members: Madison Dittman, Hissa Igarashi and Tene Lee were awarded as the second ever Overall Winner of L’Oréal Professionnel US Color & Style Trophy.
As the Overall Winner, Arrojo Salon will be the US representative to compete in the worldwide competition in Milan, Italy on March 31, 2020. Color & Style Trophy is the longest running hair competition in the world and now in its 65th year.
L’Oréal Professionnel US Color & Style Trophy was held on Sunday, February 2, 2020 at The Ritz Carlton, Marina Del Rey, CA with 200 guests in attendance. There were 126 entries for 5 categories. Aside from Arrojo Salon, the following salon teams were the winners and runners-up in each category:
● WINNER: EL SALON, Denver, CO. Team Members: Ron Lopez, Joel Pelanek and Katelyn Simkins
● Runner-up: MATTHEW MORRIS SALON AND SKINCARE, Denver, CO. Team Members: Julia Taffet and Alexia Lienhard
● WINNER: SLOANE STEVENS SALON, Homer Glen, IL. Team Members: Sara Beth Murphy and Lindsay Olson
● Runner-up: MARZIA SALON San Francisco, CA. Team Members: Christina Choi, Mary Jane Smith, Scott Smith, and Kingmond Young
FUTURE TREND AWARD:
● WINNER: STUDIO BRANCA SALON AND SPAS, St. Louis, MO, Team Members: Anna Andrews, Callie Andrews, Carrie Auchly, Maggie Haberberger, Alis Mergenthaler.
● Runner-up: THE LEMON LAB COLOR STUDIO, Atlantic Beach, FL. Team Member: Sophia Ance
● WINNER: LUXE LAB, Santa Monica, CA. Team Members: Luisana Luna, Meoldy Rochelle Russ and Lauren Sill
● Runner-up: DOP DOP SALON, New York, NY. Team Member: Yuki Yasui
NEW TALENT AWARD:
● WINNER: ARROJO, New York, NY Team Members: Madison Dittman, Hissa Igarashi, and Tene Lee
● Runner-up: STUDIO BRANCA SALON AND SPAS, St. Louis, MO. Team Members: Callie Andrews, Sarah Blackburn, Madison Coffman, Desiree Drury, and Jessica Peanick
Additionally, there was a People’s Choice Award that went to Matthew Morris Salon and Skincare, Denver, CO with team members: Shea Petersen and Summer Verrett. Their entry was voted by the public on colorstyletrophy.com between October and December 2019.
The evening also featured a hair presentation by US L’Oréal Professionnel Artistic team with stylists – Matthew Collins, Jennifer MacDougall and Drew Schaefering, and Colorists – Nancy Braun, Jo Blackwell-Preston and Min Kim supported by Jessica Gonsalves, Sebastian Langman-Kirtley and Jessica Todd. Their show ‘Frenchness Interpreted’, brought to life the French vision of beauty.
There was a second performance entitled ‘Emotive Feelings’ by guests Brooks and Brooks featuring Sally Brooks, Jamie Brooks and Grace Dalgleish. These renowned hairdressers from the UK have been honored as British Hairdresser of Year twice, as well as London Hairdresser of the Year, three times. Both shows by the US and UK artists captivated the audience and kept the excitement going leading up to the final awards announcements.
The event culminated in a poolside cocktail celebration where nominees, runners-ups and winners celebrated their achievements together with all the attendees. Congratulations on all teams that entered and those that won! Looking forward to entries for 2021! Good luck to the US representative at the Global Color & Style Trophy finals!
Do not miss the Winners & Runners-Ups gallery below!