Holidays are SLAMMIN’ in the salon and at the same time, salon guests are looking for even more attention in the form of styles to impress at holiday parties.
Often, this type of festive “do” calls up imagery of intricate up-styles that take excessive prep time and elaborate processes to complete. Luckily, that’s not what’s fresh this year! Instead, invite guests to see a new trend in disrupted textures that adds contrast to the elegance of smooth fabrics and fancy jewelry. The Sam Villa ArTeam offers these easy tips.
● Preload dry hair with a favorite volumizing/texture building product like Redken Guts 10 to expand the shape and create a moldable fabric.
● Use basic shapes that are quick to create like ponytails, twists, buns, and loose braids as a foundation.
● Add a few visual elements by simply twisting sections down to the head, pinning where the fingers are holding the twist, and leaving some ends to hang free in the wind.
● Don’t hide the pins! Accessories are cool at the moment and a purposely placed pin is an easy accoutrement.
● Gently “ruche” or back brush hair in areas utilizing just fingers to create dimension and fullness.
“The most important tip when approaching the trending movement of disrupted textures… well, it’s about loosening up the mind and the eyes. Sometimes it’s hard to let go of previous definitions and perceptions of what value in a finished style looks like. And, remember it’s not about how much time was spent, it’s about the visual impact of the end result!” adds Andrew Carruthers, Education Director for Sam Villa.
Credits: Hair/Sam Villa ArTeam; Photo/Katie Parker; Wardrobe/Amia Serrano; Makeup/Teal Druda