The beauty industry has a central presence in the human trafficking industry. Through Hairdressers At Heart, Wella Education is using its platforms to educate beauty pros on the signs of human trafficking as well as advocate for other organizations making a difference, such as the National Human Trafficking Hotline.
Join the movement as Hairdressers At Heart fight to end modern-day slavery with advocate Haley Garber.
“As hairdressers, we have the unique opportunity to put an end to modern-day slavery. That’s why I’ve partnered with Wella Education & Hairdressers At Heart to educate our community on human trafficking – and I need your help as a Wella Passionista to incite large scale change in our industry! If you’re inclined, please share and encourage your followers to join us in donating to Polaris Project. Thank you in advance for your support!” says Haley.
Did you know….
● Salons & spas were the #1 venue for human trafficking last year.
● Human trafficking is a $150 billion industry – making a larger annual profit than Nike, Google & Starbucks combined.
● Cases of human trafficking increased by 25% last year.
● Over 80% of human trafficking victims call or text the Human Trafficking hotline.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
● Share the statistics included above & how to contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline with your followers on social media & with clients/peers in the salon.
● Call 1-(888) 373-7888 or Text “BeFree” to (233733).
● Share @wellaeducation & Hairdressers At Heart’s posts, stories & creative,
● Share any of Haley’s posts & stories (@beautybyhaleygarber)
● Encourage stylists to learn more & donate to the @polarisproject & the National Human Trafficking Hotline through this LINK!