Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau capitalized on femininity and fun at Tory Burch’s SS20 NYFW Show. Learn HOW TO!
“The hair at Tory Burch is simultaneously a nod to the 40s and the 80s at the same time. There’s a nod to Princess Diana – even though it’s an American designer, it reminds me of a well-heeled English woman who would groom her hair every morning. This look is a fun, boyish spin on that while still being very feminine and proper. It’s a collection of all very Tory things: very feminine, and very fun. We made these clips just for the show. I couldn’t believe it, I couldn’t find colored clips anywhere so we had to buy them and I sprayed them different colors. My key product is the NEW! Redken Extreme Play Safe to heat protect hair while I’m blow-drying,” says Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep hair by washing with Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Apply a quarter-sized amount of Redken Extreme Play Safe to lengths and ends to heat protect up to 450 degrees.
3. Blow-dry the front of your hair with a round brush, leaving it smooth.
4. If your hair is curly, use a diffuser to dry the lengths to maintain some natural texture. If it is straight, continue with the round brush
5. Once fully dry, create a side part using a fine-toothed comb.
6. Using your fingers, square off your hairline in the front.
7. Using the fine-toothed comb, comb the front side of your hair from the non-dominant part back directly back over your ear and secure with a decorative clip or barrette.
8. Pull your hair from the dominant side part back over your ear using a fine-toothed comb and slightly twist, securing with a similar decorative clip or barrette. Tousle the front with your fingertips to create a vintage, voluminous effect.
9. Spritz Redken Triple Pure 32 Hairspray over these sections for high hold without crunch that lasts all day.
Photos: Getty Images