Make it look like your guests went to the beach with this technique from Andrew Carruthers, Education Director for Sam Villa. It utilizes the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1.5” (a curling iron AND wand) to create a mix of loose texture that looks like natural beach waves.
“Lived-in waves and curls require a different thought process to break up the monotony that can happen when using a curling iron. Using a 1.5” barrel creates a looser texture and different wrap techniques create the randomness needed for a natural feel,” says Carruthers.
● Proper sectioning for curl direction, design and placement
● Layer products for both protection and hold
● Transform the iron to a wand to create 2 different techniques – mixing the “one and a half wrap” technique with the “wrap and twist” technique creates an organic wave pattern
● Explore wrap direction/angle to get the best possible results
● Wrap longer hair on the extended barrel for added convenience
● Cooling – it can take up to 30 minutes for bonds to completely reform
“You want things to feel really random and lived in, in order to achieve a more natural look,” says Carruthers.