It was a night to remember at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York where camp was the theme and celebrities did not disappoint. From those who were inspired by classic Disney characters to Lady Gaga’s unforgettable 15-minute entrance.
Long-time friend and designer Brandon Maxwell designed not just one but four looks for Gaga, each joi-fully revealing one campy look to the next – from pink to black, back to pink and black again, it was just what the Met Gala’s theme called for. Flanked by dancers holding her train, she was followed by none other than Frederic Aspiras, her hairstylist extraordinaire, who once again created Gaga’s hair look for the evening and posed with her in campy gleeful poses as well. Joico was literally on site to get YOU the scoop!
Here’s the how-to straight from his lips to your fingertips: “Inspired by One Of Lady Gaga Most iconic hair looks that truly stands out as a note of camp-style, I decided to deconstruct the iconic bob and hair bow and give the bob a new rippled wave shape and make multiple mini hair bows throughout the hair.“
GET THE LOOK:
1. Apply Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield to damp hair, comb through for even distribution and protection.
2. Use Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Tone Violet Smoothing Foam starting at roots and comb through. Blow dry using a small round brush.
3. Using a flat iron to create the very defined uniformed waves all around hair. And curl under to get that rippled bubble effect.
4. Use Joico JoiGel Firm to make mini hair bows throughout crown of head. Pin in place with bobby pins.
5. Comb out and make smooth with two pumps of Joico Blonde Life Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil. Spray with Joico JoiShape and Flip Turn Finishing Spray to mold and to hold in place.