At Sunday night’s Oscars in Hollywood, global icon Lady Gaga not only conquered her first Academy Award for Best Song of the Year but also grabbed the buzz of the red carpet with her gorgeous hair. Celebrity hairstylist Frederic Aspiras created her fabulous ‘do using Joico products.
Inspiration: A classic upswept updo that creates softness around face.
1. Prep hair with Joico Defy Damage Protective Shampoo followed by Joico Defy Damage Protective Masque for 5 minutes.
2. Towel dry.
3. Apply 2 -3 pumps of Joico Defy Damage Protective Shield and comb through using GHD wide tooth comb.
4. Apply 1-2 pumps of Joico Blonde LIFE Brilliant Glow Brightening Oil to damp hair create super shine and softness. Comb through and GHD paddle brush.
5. Section hair into small sections and use GHD Air Blow Dryer and GHD Natural Bristle Brush Size 2 to dry hair away from face.
6. Using GHD Soft Curl Iron, curl hair from mid-shaft to ends creating a loose soft curl.
7. Allow the curls to cool loose.
8. Spray hair at the crown and throughout curls with Joico Hair Shake while loosening up curls with GHD Large Paddle brush.
9. Gather hair up into two ponytails (one large and one small). Larger ponytail at the crown and the small one in the back of head.
10. Back comb and shape into wavy bun.
11. Define curls with GHD Curve Classic Wave Wand.
12. Create volume at top of head.
13. Spray Joico JoiShape Shaping Spray and Joico Power Spray Finishing Spray for extra hold.