Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau amazed everyone at London Fashion Week with a mesmerizing hair design for Burberry’s FW2019 fashion show. Learn how to recreate it!
“It’s a very intricate gelled look with Redken Hardwear Gel 16. It’s inspired by a much more elaborate version of youth culture. This gel is my main product with a touch of Redken Forceful 23 Hairspray to hold it,” says Guido.
GET THE LOOK:
1. Start with clean, freshly washed hair using Redken Frizz Dismiss Shampoo and Conditioner to minimize any frizz.
2. Towel dry your hair until slightly damp and allow your hair to air dry.
3. Once dry, pull your hair into a ponytail at the back of your crown and secure into an elastic.
4. Using Redken Hardwear Gel 16, work the hair into a swirl with bobby pins, minimizing any frizz.
5. Depending on the design you’d like at the front of your hairline, section out small sections of hair at your hairline using a fine-tooth comb.
6. Continuously applying Redken Hardwear Gel 16 to the sections as you sculpt the design with the fine-toothed comb, keeping your hair close to your forehead.
7. Once you’ve created your desired design, spray a few spritzes of Redken Forceful 23 Hairspray over the whole look and allow to fully dry for added hold.