74 finalists vied for the chance to win one of 16 awards, including the coveted Hairstylist of the Year Award, at the 30th annual photographic beauty competition.
The Professional Beauty Association (PBA), the largest and most inclusive trade organization representing the entire beauty industry, is excited to announce the winners of the 30th Annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the beauty industry’s most prestigious photographic competition.
The esteemed event was held Saturday, January 26th at the Long Beach Convention Center during ISSE, a first in the award show’s 30-year history. NAHA celebrates the industry’s leading talent and features 16 categories of excellence across hair, makeup, and nail artistry, including the coveted Hairstylist of the Year Award. This year’s event was hosted by Adam Rippon, 2018 Olympic Bronze Medalist, and featured artistic presentations by Amika, L’Oréal, Olivia Garden, and the 2018 NAHA Hairstylist of the Year winner, Danielle Keasling.
In addition to the awards ceremony, NAHA 2019 included a red carpet reception welcoming NAHA finalists, previous NAHA winners, industry icons, leading beauty influencers, and celebrities to the show, including Tabatha Coffey, Vivienne Mackinder, Larisa Love, Christopher Dove, John Simpson, and Eric Fisher. Guests finished out the evening with a NAHA after party at Hotel Maya hosted by celebrity entertainer Ross Mathews.
Winners of the 2019 NAHA awards include:
- ● Avant Garde | Michelle O’Connor | Hollywood, FL
- ● Editorial/Session Stylist of the Year | Dilek Onur Taylor | Chicago, IL
- ● Haircolor | Chrystofer Benson | South Weber, UT
- ● Haircutting | Lori Zabel | New York, NY
- ● Hairstylist of the Year | Julie Vriesinga | Forest, ON
- ● Makeup Artist of the Year | Florencia Taylor | London, ON
- ● Master Hairstylist of the Year | Silas Tsang | Ottawa, ON
- ● Men’s Hairstylist of the Year | Pete Goupil | Brossard, QC
- ● Nail Professional of the Year | Sarah Nguyen | New York, NY
- ● Newcomer Stylist of the Year | Jesse Ervin | Toronto, ON
- ● People’s Choice | Matthew Rouse | Des Moines, IA
- ● Salon/School Design of the Year | PENZONE Salon + Spa | Dublin, OH
- ● Student Hairstylist of the Year | Michell Hird | Provo, UT
- ● Styling and Finishing | Sarajane Maples | Atlantic Beach, FL
- ● Team of the Year | Ulta Beauty Pro Team | Bolingbrook, IL
- ● Texture | Michelle O’Connor | Hollywood, FL
“The North American Hairstyling Awards 30th Anniversary is a testament to the importance and vibrance of the beauty industry,” said Nina Daily, Director of Marketing for the Professional Beauty Association. “NAHA exists to recognize the vision, skill and passion of the beauty professionals and artists who enter this prestigious photographic competition each year.” She continues, “The Professional Beauty Association is proud to celebrate three decades of excellence, and many more to come.”
To stream the awards ceremony including interviews from the pre-show red carpet, please visit www.nahalive.com to stream on-demand.