Celebrity stylist Christine Symonds used exclusively Aveda products to get presenter Kaley Cuoco’s Cali-cool hair look at the Golden Globes. Christine used Aveda’s new Speed of Light Blow Dry Accelerator Spray to get the sleek blowout that formed the base for Kaley’s effortless, touchable hair.
The look: “We wanted to keep the hair simple, effortless, and cool. Nothing too stiff or over worked. Just pretty, touchable, wearable hair. Because it was the Globes, we had to add a little something special, so we accented the back with some sparkle,” says Christine Symonds.
– Prep damp hair with Aveda Speed of Light Blow Dry Accelerator Spray from roots to ends.
– Spray Aveda Volumizing Tonic in the roots.
– Apply a generous amount of Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Creme on the mid length and ends.
– Blow dry hair section by section with a large round brush and set sections with a hair clip and let cool.
– Take out clips and brush through hair with fingers.
– Puff some Aveda Shampure Dry Shampoo in the roots for grip, volume, and texture.
– Take a 2-inch section on either side of the head and twist back. Secure with Bobby pins at the back of the head.
– Distribute a few pumps of Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid in your hands and apply evenly on the ends of hair.
– Spray Aveda Air Control Hair Spray over entire style for secure hold.
– Spray Aveda Control Force Hair Spray on any stubborn pieces that need extra hold (Kaley needed this on her front pieces).
– Add any adornment you choose for added sparkle or keep the look simple and chic.
On a different note, Aveda’s Men Pure-Formance Grooming Clay was selected for the men’s 2019 Golden Globes Ceremony Gift Bags. The Aveda best-seller was included in the official luxury gift bags that are distributed to all male presenters, nominees and attendees at the star-studded ceremony. Tips from Ricardo Dinis, Aveda Global Artistic Director, Hair Cutting, on how to use style using Aveda Grooming Clay are below:
- – For a punk vibe or an effortless just stepped out of bed look, apply some of Aveda’s Grooming Clay to wet hair, towel dry hair to get it ruffled, which will add more texture and break up pieces. Then, apply a little more product to give hair extra hold. Right now, men’s hair is all about not looking too styled.
- – Using a towel or your fingertips to style your hair will help to alleviate placing everything perfectly.
– If a dapper James Bond vibe is more your thing, comb dry hair over for a soft parting. Apply some of Aveda’s Grooming Clay to give hair a flat, sleek look. Or, try a side part and ruffle the hair for a less styled look.
– Aveda’s Grooming Clay can give longer hair more control to achieve a pompadour style or nomadic look.
– For a classic military haircut, use the Grooming Clay to define the style and add a little texture to enhance the hair.