The oldest barber in the world? He is 107 years old, he’s Italian-American and is still cutting hair. Here is his advice for a long life behind the chair.
The oldest barber in the world is named Anthony Mancinelli, he is originally from Naples and this year he is celebrating his 107 birthday. He told his story to the New York Times. Here are 5 things we discovered about him.
1. He was born in 1911 in Italy, in Naples.
2. He was 8 years old when he emigrated to the USA with his family. He was 11 when he began working in a barber shop.
3. Fantastic Cuts is the name of the salon where he works in New Windsor, citizen of the State of New York about a one hour drive from the Big Apple: “He can do more cuts a day than a twenty-year old, and he never takes a day off,” he told Jane Dinezza, owner of the salon.
4. Full time job: he works 5 days a week, eight hours a day, and he doesn’t want to even consider retirement, vacations, or even a day off (not even for his birthday): “Me go on vacation? You’re crazy, it would kill me.”
5. What is the secret of his longevity? In the salon everyone asks him what advice he has for a long life. What medicines he take, what he eats, what creams to buy (he never uses them!). So what is his answer? “I work and follow a healthy lifestyle, with no smoking or alcohol. Every once in a while, I go to the doctor because they make me go. What do I tell him? That I have no aches or pains. I feel great.”
Officially recognized as the oldest barber in the world still in service, in the 2007 Guinness World Records, Anthony Mancinelli has not quick cutting beards and hair yet.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW