Cosmetologists Chicago on Monday, November 5, 2018, held its Annual Business Meeting at the Ulta Headquarters in downtown Chicago. Items on the agenda included association and show updates by President Larry Silvestri and CEO Paul Dykstra.
They highlighted scholarship winners, financial performance and budget adoption, as well as the biennial announcement of the election of officers to serve the organization for a two-year term.
When announcing the new Board leadership, President Silvestri commented, “The depth of industry knowledge and experience in those applying for positions on the Board of Directors shows not only the value our members place in their professional organization, but also reflect its vital importance in the industry we support.”
The Board of Directors of Cosmetologists Chicago for 2018-2020 includes:
- • President – Karen Gordon – J. Gordon Designs
- • Vice President – Robert Passage, Pivot Point International
- • Secretary – Lorrene Conino, Salon Lorrene
- • Treasurer – Christopher Damolaris, Frank Gironda Salon & Spa
- • Director – Nick Stenson, ULTA Beauty
- • Director – Mireya Villarreal, Pink Pewter
- • Director – Kathy Jager – Kathy Jager & Associates
- • Director – Chris Valavanis – Vanis Salon & Day Spa
Cosmetologists Chicago is an association of salon professionals, whose members include licensed cosmetologists, estheticians, nail technicians, salon owners and cosmetology students. In addition to Cosmetologists Chicago, the recently elected CC officers and Board of Directors will also govern specialty groups including the International Nail Technicians Association (INTA) and the American Association for Esthetics / CIDESCO USA (AAE).
Cosmetologists Chicago supports all salon professionals with opportunities to collaborate with their peers and to experience monthly education to advance careers. CC supports all cosmetologists though the expansive America’s Beauty Show, March 30-April 1st, 2019. More information can be found at AmericasBeautyShow.com