The Iconic Groomer Show is the most anticipated barbering event of the year in NYC, uniting artist from around the world in a unique space in Brooklyn for the sole purpose of men’s hair education.
The night will take place on Monday, October 29th bringing some of the best educators in the industry to talk about cutting, styling, tools, techniques and even hair color. Below find 10 reasons why you simply cannot miss out if you are the kind of barber that invests in their own education and growth!
1. There’s no other show like it: ‘The Iconic Groomer’ show fills a void by being the first show dedicated solely to bridge the gap between barber and hairdresser.
2. It’s a winning combination of high-level education and a show experience: including live on-stage photoshoots and demonstrations delivered by top industry artists/influencers.
3. Founded by hairdressers: Mark Bustos and Richard Mannah created the annual show in 2017 to fill the gap in luxury barber education.
– Mark Bustos isan exceptional stylist and humanit-HAIR-ian, and combines his passion for men’s grooming with a desire to impact the world as the founder of the #BeAwesomeToSomebody charity and social movement where he dedicates his time to giving haircuts to the homeless. As a constant feature in The New York Times, GQ, and Vanity Fair, Mark makes up an integral part of The Iconic Groomer Show team where he brings with him an undeniable finesse and expertise in Men’s Grooming and as an Educator.
– Richard Mannah is an accomplished Creative Director and International Hairstylist based in NYC has received the honor of being named “London Hairdresser of the Year 2011/2012” by the British Hairdressing Awards, the highest accolade a hairdresser can achieve. Richard brings over 23 years of Industry experience and expertise to The Iconic Groomer team along with a dynamic approach to education and the advancement of the Men’s Grooming industry.
4. Influencers educating on stage!
– NYC based salon owner humanitarian and charity founder Mark Bustos @markbustos
– Barber queen Sofie Pok @staygold31, who has a laser focus to understand every aspect of barbering from the cut itself, to the client experience and growing her international brand. Followed by over 274,000 people daily, Sofie is an open book when it comes to her quest of sharing knowledge and inspiration and love of the barber culture.
– One of the most sought after barbers in the industry John Moseley @popular_nobody.
– Kevin Luchmun @kevinluchmun, an award winning self-taught barber and photographer based out of London. Kevin has combined modern and traditional aspects of barbering and hairdressing to form his own unique style.
– Founder of Victory Barbers Matty Conrad @mattyconrad, has been recognized as one of the top men’s grooming experts in North America. In 2010 he opened his first barbershop. Victory Barber & Brand was opened to critical acclaim and an avalanche of international press.
– Global Artistic Director Paul Wilson @paulwilsoncrew for American Crew, the leading brand created for men, and a leader in men’s grooming worldwide.
5. Learn for charity! ‘The Iconic Groomer’ will be donating a portion of its proceeds to benefit the Mark Bustos’ #BeAwesomeToSomebody charity organization, where Mark and his team provide haircuts to the homeless and hurting communities here in the U.S. and throughout the world.
6. Undeniable sense of UNITY: This is an educational experience for the hairdressing and men’s grooming industry, while giving attendees a building a sense of community for networking and growth amongst barbers and hairstylists.
7. Men’s Hair Color Education: ‘The Iconic Groomer’ is one of the first shows to highlight the art of coloring hair for barbers – recently a popular trend but presented from an educational and technical platform.
8. Loving the Brooklyn Life: The event will take place at the Brooklyn Bowl located on Wythe Avenue between North 11th and 12th streets in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The venue is located in the former Hecla Iron Works, an ironworks-foundry built in 1881, and is the world’s first LEED-certified bowling alley. Brooklyn Bowl has redefined the destination entertainment experience. It’s a multi-dimensional 23,000 sq. ft. venue boasting a premier performance space, 16 bowling lanes.
9. After-Party to follow: It’s the perfect environment and bring together artists and attendees through networking in a fun and ‘ego free’ environment to encourage and build a greater sense of community amongst the many professionals attending ‘The Iconic Groomer’ show.
10. Easy Access tickets: Just click www.theiconicgroomer.com and follow the instructions!