Celebrity hairstylist Andrew Fitzsimons created Kylie Jenner’s sophisticated do’ during last night’s VMAs using Alterna Haircare styling products and ghd tools. Below are Andrew’s how-to tips for recreating the look!
Get the Look!
1. Start by spritzing the hair with Alterna Haircare Caviar Repair Multi-Vitamin Heat Protection Spray onto her damp hair. Kylie’s hair is newly blonde, so I have to be super careful with it, especially when I use heat tools.
2. I blow dried her hair smooth with the ghd Air Hair Dryer and ghd Natural Bristle Radial Brush. It was important for me to use a natural brush and not ceramic or metal to protect her hair from the heat.
3. I created the part on the left side of her hair and sprayed her hair with the Alterna Caviar Perfect Iron Spray before flat ironing her hair with the ghd platinum Styler Flat Iron. I knew I wanted the bun to be at the very center in the back of her head (just above the Occipital bone), so I directed all of the hair toward the area, except the front section to create the swoop. I took two little pieces of hair in front of her ears to help frame her face.
4. I sprayed a ghd Oval Dressing Brush with Paul Mitchell Hair Spray to smooth the hair toward the back of the head (spraying the brush every couple of strokes).
5. I secured the hair with a bungee hair tie and twisted her ponytail back onto itself clockwise. I secured the bun with hair pins (a similar colour to her hair) and sprayed all over with the hair spray.
6. To give a glassy sheen, I sprayed a coat of the Alterna Haircare Caviar Omega+ Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist.