“How many times have you seen clients with burns on their necks from curling their hair?!” says Sam Villa, co-founder of Sam Villa and Redken Global Artistic Ambassador. It’s a common problem and he has just the trick to prevent it.
This simple hair hack can be used in the salon to create full texture with a more controlled crown. It can also be shared with clients so they can create texture at home without the danger of burning themselves, because the iron is not used near their neck.
– Secure hair into a ponytail at mid crown with a bungee, it disturbs hair less when being removed.
– Working with random sections in various directions, spray Redken iron shape 11 into hair for thermal protection and lasting style.
– Remove the spoon from the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1” and wrap hair around barrel and hold. Continue until entire ponytail is curled. Using different wrapping techniques will create a multi-textured finish.
– Remove bungee, let hair fall and shake head.
– Finish by spraying Redken fashion work 12 into hands and working through texture for soft control without the crunch. Don’t use a brush; it will create too much expansion.
The result creates pain free full curls with less volume at the crown.