Pioneering stylists with an inherent sense of originality presented their skills onstage tonight at the Wella Professionals’ 2018 North American TrendVision Awards (NATVA) show in the heart of Las Vegas at the Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino.
This opulent annual competition offers stylists and talented colorists across North America a chance to showcase their passion and talent to the world on an international platform in the industry!
Finalists from Canada, Puerto Rico and the United States competed for the chance to be crowned one of hairdressing’s rising stars of the future. Click HERE to enjoy our gallery with the work of all the finalists!
The 3,443 American and Canadian competitors entered their interpretations of the Wella Professionals 2018 trends and only 37 finalists in three categories were present in the final challenge as a part of one of the largest international competitions of its kind!
The 3 categories are:
COLOR VISION: The Color Vision category is about looks inspired from the 2018 Wella Professionals seasonal trends as well as other influences such as Art and Fashion.
CREATIVE VISION: The Creative Vision category is about unleashing creativity and flair inspired by the 2018 Wella Professionals seasonal trends. Hair with an editorial feel that is beautifully crafted and finished, demonstrating expert skills in styling and dressing.
STUDENT CATEGORY: The student category is open to students and recent graduates (up to 12 months). This category recognizes best-in-class overall look.
This year’s panel of judges included Sonya Dove, Wella Professionals Global Top Artist; Gerard Scarpaci, Co-Founder of Hairbrained; Briana Cisneros, Global Educator; Lena Ott, Celebrity Colorist; and Luis Pacheco, Celebrity Stylist, all who had the very difficult task to select the best from the best.
The Gold winners of NATVA will go on to represent USA & Canada with an all expenses paid trip to participate in Wella’s International Hair Competition hosted in Lisbon, Portugal. The gold winners will also win an all-inclusive trip to NYC to assist backstage at New York Fashion Week for the ultimate fashion and glamour experience.
During NATVA 2018 gala, three artistic teams, comprised of Wella Top Artists and Brand Educators, presented artistic presentations based on the theme: “New Beginnings: Exploring the Pure Art Form of Hair.”
Congrats to all the USA, Canada & Puerto Rico winners:
Mentor of the Year: Danny Lozado
CREATIVE VISION USA
* Gold: Edison Lu, &Hair Lounge, New York, NY
* Silver: London Michalske, Mario Nico Salon, New York, NY
* Bronze: Brianca Liggins, Mario Tricoci, Vernon Hills, IL
CREATIVE VISION CANADA
* Gold: Robert Rella, Salon Gaboa, Woodbridge, CA
* Silver: Cristina Prioletta, Stephan W Atelier, Montreal, QC
* Bronze: Adriana Dicintio, Salon Gaboa, Woodbridge, CA
CREATIVE VISION PUERTO RICO
* Gold: Jaileen Vélez Huertas, Modern Hairstyling Institute, Bayamón, PR
* Silver: Emmanuel Torres Gratacós, Manuel Gratacos Salon, Villalba, PR
* Bronze: Natalia Nieves, Pete Cardon Salon, Guaynabo, PR
COLOR VISION USA
* Gold: Emma Hancock, Moriah Brandons Salon, Altamonte Springs, FL
* Silver: Taylor Roles, Bijin Salon and Spa, Prairie Village, KS
* Bronze: Jamie Gonzales, Union South Salon, Pasadena, CA
COLOR VISION CANADA
* Gold: Daniel Grieco, Salon Gaboa, Woodbridge, ON
* Silver: Frank Dicinto, Salon Gaboa, Woodbridge, ON
* Bronze: Veronica Tadros, The Strand, Waterloo, ON
COLOR VISION PUERTO RICO
* Gold: Rafael Ortiz Cotto, Rafael Ortiz Salon Academy, Caguas, PR
* Silver: Carol Mojica, Carol Moijca Beauty Expert, Caguas, PR
* Bronze: Ramon Luis Torres Castro, Saline Salon, San Juan, PR
* Gold: Julissa Alonzo Blanco, Modern Hairstyling Institute, Bayamon, PR
* Silver: John Michael Burgos Mejías, Modern Hairstyling Institute, Bayamon, PR
* Bronze: Taylor Alexander, Ogle School of Hair, Skin & Nails, Stafford, TX