Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Ambassador Christian Wood was stunned by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s, ethereal Ralph Lauren gown and gold halo headpiece to match the Met Gala’s theme last night in New York City.
To best complement the dress, “I thought the hair should be sleek and sharp with a regal element to it. I decided on a sharp middle part and large twisted glossy chignon”, says Christian.
Get the Look:
1. Start by applying Wella Professionals Oil Reflections Light Luminous Reflective Oil ($40.00) to wet hair. Blow dry smooth section-by-section using the ghd air® Hairdryer ($199) and a round brush.
2. Once dry, part the hair in the middle using a pintail comb. Then, run the ghd gold® professional styler ($199) over the top layer of the hair to achieve an extra shiny, smooth base for pulling the hair back.
3. Brush the hair into a low ponytail and spritz with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm Hairspray ($18.00) while brushing to remove flyways and add hold. Secure the ponytail with an elastic band.
4. Using a ghd curve® soft curl iron ($199), curl a few sections of hair to add a loose wave to the ponytail. “This helps when pining the hair into a chignon giving you more manageability when styling”, says Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Ambassador Christian Wood.
5. Wrap the ponytail around the ponytail’s base in a circular motion, pinning with large hairpins as you go to create a large sleek chignon. Mist with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm Hairspray ($18.00) for extra hold.
6. Spray the entire head with Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist ($19.50) to add extra shine to the entire look.
7. Finish by applying a small amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Sculpt Force ($18.00) to your fingertips and smooth over any fly-a-ways “This technique helps give a super sleek result without overloading on product”, says Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Ambassador Christian Wood.