Music festival season is here, time to let loose and feel the positive vibes with this modern day Farrah Fawcett inspired style. Anna Peters, Sam Villa ArTeam, shares the process to create this look that’s perfect for festival season. Teach guests these simple steps for a free flowing 70’s style.
1. Prep dry hair with Redken Iron Shape 11 for heat protection and style longevity. Mist working in horizontal 1” deep sections throughout the hair. Comb through.
2. Using the Sam Villa Signature Series Tail Comb, weave through a horizontal section as if creating a heavy highlight. Take highlighted pieces; work the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron gently through compressing down on section. Finish entire head.
3. Create a large triangle section with the top of the triangle at the high point of head dropping diagonally down to the outside corner of each eye.
4. Mist triangle section with Redken Iron Shape 11 to dampen hair, add heat protection and hold. Divide triangle in half horizontally. Take the bottom section first, place the Sam Villa Light Professional Ionic Blow Dryer and Sam Villa Signature 1.5 Thermal Styling Brush at the base on top of the section. Direct hair down and roll back up on to itself with the blow dryer following the brush heating up the hair. Continue same motion with the top section. This will direct the front hair to sweep down and away from the face.
5. Using the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1” in the wand mode, wrap various sections of hair around iron, all moving back and away from face.
6. Take an arched circle section above ear and hold directing hair out horizontally from head. Place wand vertically at the base of section, directing hair around barrel of iron towards face. Slide wand up and down till hair is thoroughly heated. Use Sam Villa Dry Sectioning Clips to avoid dents in the hair and clip section so that it is being held up away from the face, cool and set.
7. Take a 2” section from behind the ear, create a fishtail braid all the way down the section, pull out sections to loosen braid and secure with an elastic.
8. Spray hair with Redken Wind Blown 05 and scrunch with hands at the ends.
9. Before removing clips above ears, spray Redken Triple Take 32 for maximum hold at base of section. Remove clips.
This easy breezy style is sure to make a high profile repost during festival season!
- Hair: Sam Villa ArTeam
- Photo: Katie Parker
- Wardrobe: Brittany Hart
- Makeup: Nicole Schimel
- Model: Izabella Martinez