Celebrity Hairstylist, Laini Reeves, created Emily Blunt’s elegant soft look for the 2018 Academy Awards with styling essentials from KMS and VARIS. The inspiration behind the look was her Schiaparelli Couture dress. Reeves details below how to get the look from tonight’s red carpet!
– Reeves began by spraying Blunt’s towel dried hair with KMS THERMASHAPE Quick Blow Dry. Then, she used the VARIS dryer and the VARIS Curler to create beautifully styled curls from root to ends.
– Next, she brushed back the curls with the VARIS Smoothing Brush and pulled the hair loosely straight back to form a ponytail.
– Reeves then created a soft ponytail at the nape of the neck. To soften the look, Reeves polished the hairline and pulled out Blunt’s baby hairs around the hairline and ears.
– Then, Reeves created three small braids within the ponytail and one larger braid using KMS HAIRSTAY Hard Wax to add texture and hold.
– Lastly, Reeves molded the braids into a finished bun and used the KMS HAIRSTAY Anti-Humidity Seal Spray to set and finish the look with shine.