Daphne Guinness, renowned art collector, designer and model, served as avant-garde muse for The Blonds’ latest collection. Each head-to-toe look more eccentric than the next, the Fall/Winter 2018 show juxtaposed the idea of evil versus aristocracy with a hint of rebellion.
Oribe Director of Training and Content, Kien Hoang, accompanied the crystalized costumes with big, outer-worldly hair and described the pack of models as “a power alien army.” Learn HOW TO recreate the looks!
Get the Look:
– For curly textures, flat iron hair with Oribe Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray.
– Section in the back creating a square; pin all other sections aside until needed.
– Secure hair tightly into two high ponytails at each corner of the squared-off section. Oribe Spray Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray throughout.
– Cut hair donuts in half to resemble horns and secure at the base of the head. Expand ponytails using Oribe Swept Up Volume Powder Spray and fold over to cover the donuts. Secure at the middle of the crown.
– Pull the front section of hair back, creating a diamond-shaped part. Backcomb using Oribe Swept Up Volume Powder Spray making sure all volume is at the top of the head. Pull the sections towards the “horns” and secure into the donut.
– Create a double French twist by sewing the two back sections together with pins.
– Using Oribe Superfine Strong Hair Spray, pull side sections to the crown of the head and secure into one ponytail. Braid this ponytail.
– Place the braid up the divide between the two “horns” and secure.