Ulla Johnson‘s FW2018 presentation at New York Fashion Week was highlighted by the whimsical braided do’s sported created by the amika team, led by hairstylist Esther Langham. Learn how to recreate the look!
Get the Look
1. Create a natural center part and dampen the hair.
2. Apply amika Plus Size Perfect Body Mousse throughout the hair, including the hairline, for control.
3. Roughly blow-dry the hair using amika The Accomplice Dryer to ensure the hair is completely dry and to encourage a soft aesthetic for the look. For finer hair, apply amika Un.Done Volume and Matte. Texture Spray for added body and texture.
4. Section the hair into 3 segments, with partings from the center part to behind the ear.
5. Begin braiding in an overhand style along the front hairline to above the ear. Complete the braid through the ends and secure with an elastic.
6. When both sides are complete, separate the back into 3 sections and create classic braids. To keep the ends clean and to prevent flyaways, apply amika Fluxus Touchable Hairspray as needed.
7. Once complete, fold the braids and secure to the back of the head. Next, pin the side section braids around the perimeter of the hairline and around the shape on the back of the head.
8. To finish the style, gently soften the side section braids by using your fingers until the desired softness is reached.