Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau created chic, elegant updos at the Dior Couture show, which took place at the Musée Rodin in Paris. Guido said, “The look at Dior is very boyish, chic and elegant. I used Redken Satinwear 04 on damp hair, then blew it out to get a shiny, smooth texture.”
GET THE LOOK:
1. Prep hair by washing with Redken Glow Dry Gloss Shampoo and Redken Glow Dry Detangling Conditioner to ensure a smooth, shiny, tangle-free blow dry.
2. Create a deep side part with a fine-toothed comb.
3. Prep your lengths and ends using Redken Satinwear 04 to protect your hair from heat.
4. Start blow drying with a round bristle brush section by section, pointing the blow dryer downward at the crown to keep your hairline neat and frizz-free.
5. Once fully dry, brush your hair into a low ponytail in the back using a boar-bristled brush, smoothing as you go.
6. Secure your lengths with a black hair elastic, covering the elastic with the surrounding hair and pinning it with a bobby pin.
7. Finish with Redken Fashion Work 12 to clean up any flyaways around the hairline and to provide a medium hold to the ponytail.