Here is your opportunity to demonstrate the power of a hair color makeover, from subtle and refined to creative and avant-garde! With the onset of a New Year, Paul Mitchell® Professional Hair Color invites colorists to participate in the 3rd Annual Color Outside The Lines competition!
Show off you hair-coloring skills for a chance to snag incredible prizes, including a trip Las Vegas to attend The Gathering 2018, John Paul Mitchell Systems’ industry extravaganza for salon professionals around the world.
Using Paul Mitchell Professional Hair Color and lightener products to achieve the final look, eligible colorists can enter the contest as either Best National Entry (licensed professionals in U.S. and Canada only) and Best Student Entry (enrolled in a cosmetology school within the U.S.). New to the contest this year, entrants will choose one of two categories for their submissions: Natural Makeover or Creative Makeover.
Entries will be accepted beginning January 1, 2018 through April 1, 2018, where by participants may enter for a chance to win incredible prizes, including a special feature in a trade magazine and a trip to this year’s Gathering to showcase their work during an on-stage presentation.
• Best National Entry (licensed within the U.S. and Canada; see official rules for details)
• Best Student Entry (currently enrolled in a U.S. beauty school)
• Natural Makeover—a salon-friendly look using natural tones
• Creative Makeover—an avant-garde look using fashion tones
- HOW TO ENTER
1) Visit paulmitchell.com/cotl and choose a category.
- 2) Create your entry look and secure all releases.
- 3) Upload your entry and complete a submission form.
• Entries accepted starting January 1, 2018
• Entries must be uploaded by Sunday, April 1, 2018, 11:59 p.m. PST
• Finalist announced May 15, 2018
• Finalist presentations at Gathering in Las Vegas, Nevada in July 2018
The contestant will be judged for individual vision. All judging is done blindly; the judges will not know the names or identities of the entrants during the contest.
• 70% – hair color technique, choice of colors, and how the hair color respects the cut and style
• 30% – overall vision, creativity and interpretation of trend
GRAND PRIZE WINNER IN EACH CATEGORY
• Grand prize Color Outside The Lines trophy
• Airfare and hotel accommodations to attend Gathering for an on-stage presentation
• Feature in a trade magazine
• Participation in a Paul Mitchell® collection shoot—includes airfare and hotel accommodations
• Feature in New and Now
• Blog post, social media coverage and a feature on paulmitchellpro.com
• Paul Mitchell® 20th Anniversary collection of limited edition color items
To register and get more information, please visit coloroutsidethelines.paulmitchell.com