The BioSilk Sequins and Silk Collection is a mix of denim and sequins combined with The Miracle of Silk. The collection is a millennial take on Street Chic fashion. The hairstyles alternate between wearable waves and texture to edgier, dressed up styles for day or night.
“I like the juxtaposition of styles between the sequin dresses and the jean jackets with sneakers. It shows that all looks are transformable and transferable, as is the hair. You can easily wear any of these styles for a casual day out or a glam night on the town. These are styles for the BioSilk women who wants to look fresh and unique with a little sass,” says stylist Ivan Rodriguez, BioSilk Hairstyling Ambassador.
STREET CHIC WAVES
1. Apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Original and Silk Therapy Thickening Crème throughout the hair
2. Dry the hair 50% using the BioSilk Titanium Professional Hair Dryer
3. Apply BioSilk Beach Texture Spray and dry the other 50% using with your hands
4. Divide the hair into 8 parallel sections and apply BioSilk Hot Thermal Protectant Mist
5. Curl each section using the BioSilk Titanium 1 1/4″ Spring Iron
6. Comb all the sections to create the soft waves and finish with BioSilk Finishing Spray Natural Hold and BioSilk Silk Therapy Shine On
THE BRAID REALM
1. Dry hair with the BioSilk Titanium Professional Hair Dryer and BioSilk Hot Thermal Protectant Mist
2. Create a side part and divide the hair into 2 sections down the middle of the back of the head and secure.
3. Begin a French braid on the heaviest side going to the middle of the nape area and secure the loose ends with a rubber band. Starting on the opposite side, French braid beginning at the part and moving to the middle of the nape area and secure with a rubber band. Use a small amount of BioSilk Silk Therapy Silk Pomade on your fingers to control the braiding process.
4. Continue to braid the ends of the ponytails and open them gently using BioSilk Silk Therapy Lite and wrap them into a low chignon. Secure the ends with hair pins.
5. To finish, apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray: Natural Hold and BioSilk Silk Therapy Shine On
UN-DONE BRAIDED TEXTURE
1. Undo the braids and loosen with a small amount of BioSilk Silk Therapy Lite
2. Using your hands brush through the hair to style
3. To finish, apply BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray: Natural Hold and BioSilk Silk Therapy Shine On
THE TOPPED OFF PONY
1. Dry the hair with a BioSilk Titanium Professional Hair Dryer and BioSilk Hot Thermal Protectant Mist
2. Elevate all of the hair to create a ponytail just 4 fingers behind the forehead using BioSilk Silk Therapy Silk Polish and secure with a rubber band
3. Wrap the rubber band with a small section of the ponytail to hide the band and secure with a hair pin, misting BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray: Natural Hold
4. Turn the hair to the left and place it as you desire
5. Add texture by using BioSilk Silk Therapy Molding Silk
6. To finish, apply additional BioSilk Silk Therapy Finishing Spray: Natural Hold and BioSilk Silk Therapy Shine On
Hair: Ivan Rodriguez
Photo: Joel Issac
Makeup: El Salon Make Up Team
Wardrobe Stylist: Melissa Webb