Sassoon Academy is looking for an image that encapsulates creative and technical excellence in hair; cut, color and finish. The image must reflect the Sassoon philosophy of Shape & Balance, precision technique and suitability.
SASC Image of the Year 2017 is open to all current students of SASC partner schools. Whilst it can be a commercial look, it should be aspirational to both clients and stylists!
There is an amazing ‘MONEY CAN’T BUY’ experience to be won! Not only this, but if you win, all your travel and accommodation expenses will be taken care of by Sassoon Academy.
GRAND PRIZE: A one week (5-day) Bespoke Course at Sassoon Academy Los Angeles, CA w/c January 22, 2018 including all travel and accommodation (see T&Cs). At the end of the week you will take part in a photoshoot were your work will be featured in Estetica USA magazine. The winner will also attend ISSE, Long Beach, CA on Sunday, January 28, 2018 and have the unique opportunity to go behind-the-scenes and appear on-stage with the International Sassoon Creative team.
SECOND PRIZE: A one week (5-day) abc course of your choice (subject to availability) at Sassoon Academy in Los Angeles, CA. Travel and accommodation is not included.
THIRD PRIZE: One pair of Hikari E5 Scissors.
TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ENTRY, FOLLOW THESE TWELVE SIMPLE STEPS
1. Upload a single image onto your personal Instagram page and hashtag #sasc2017comp and tag @sassoonacademyofficial
2. The image must reflect the Sassoon philosophy of Shape & Balance, precision technique and suitability in cut, color and finish.
3. Your image cannot contain wigs/extensions/hairpieces or strands.
4. Entries must be clear, crisp and focused. The focus should be on the hair as a single headshot. Do not submit a full body image – head and shoulders only. Image must be on a clean, uncluttered background.
5. Do not retouch/photoshop the hair.
6. Image must be on a client or model – mannequins will not be accepted.
7. You may enter as many images as you like but do not repost the same image.
8. The competition is free to enter & open to all current SASC students.
9. Entries to be posted on your own personal Instagram page as a single photo – video, slideshow or carousel posts will NOT be accepted.
10. In the caption, please include your full name and SASC partner school name. Note, the image must not include any logos or typography as part of the image itself.
11. Please ensure your page is not private.
12. Images must have been created by the student in 2017 & entries must be uploaded no later than 12/08/2017.
1. SASC Image of the Year 2017 is open to all current students of SASC partner schools.
2. No employee of Sassoon Academy, N&B or their families, will be allowed to enter the SASC Image of the Year 2017.
3. The competitor(s) must be totally responsible for all elements contributing to the cut, colour, finish and style of the hair.
4. SASC partner schools are allowed to enter as many competitors as they like. An individual can enter the competition multiple times.
5. The partner school that appears on the Instagram page will be the partner school that the hairdresser(s) must represent for the duration of the competition. Should a competitor leave his/her school (i.e. move to a different partner school) during the competition, he/she will lose their right to compete. In the case of withdrawal of a competitor, the school loses the right to compete.
6. Photographs do not have to be head and shoulders, but judges are all directed to look at the hair work only. It is at the competitor’s discretion to the type of hair work presented.
7. Entries that have been previously published (either in print or online) cannot be considered.
8. Overuse of Photoshop will result in disqualification. It could be used to even out skin tone, tidy up clothing or remove an errant hair. It should not be used to create, enhance or manipulate the hair.
9. The deadline is final. No entries will be accepted after the closing date of 8th of December 2017.
PRODUCTS AND TOOLS
10. Extensions – the model’s own hair is the basic working material. Hair extensions may NOT be used. The use of hair pieces or hair extensions will disqualify the entrant from the competition. Basic padding with no artificial hair can be used.
11. It is the competitor’s responsibility to perform a skin test 48 hours before the colour application.
12. The judges will specifically be looking for a high calibre of cut, colour and finish.
13. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Competitors and their school have no right to legal recourse.
14. All Winners will be announced on Friday 15th December on the Sassoon Academy official Instagram page.
Prize package is made up of:
15. WINNER: Attend a ONE WEEK bespoke course to be taken at Sassoon Academy, Santa Monica, CA and go for free to the ISSE Show at Long Beach, CA on Sunday 28th January 2018. Prize covers standard return flight/rail travel to Santa Monica and a maximum of 8 night’s accommodation in a minimum 4 star hotel in a double bedded room. All other expenses are the responsibility of the winner(s).
16. SECOND PLACE: Attend a one week (5-day) abc course at Sassoon Academy, Santa Monica, CA. Flight and accommodation not included.
17. THIRD PLACE: One pair of Hikari E5 Scissors.
18. Any contravention of the rules will render a competitor liable for disqualification.
19. Entry implies acceptance of these rules