Social media has taken the hairdressing world by the reigns in the last decade, transforming beauty professions into a digital network of collaborations and support for the salon business.
Idealogue is an event designed for the creatives, where Luxury Brand Partners (LBP) brought together the leading minds in social media to explore the importance of economic and personal growth in a rapidly changing industry.
The beauty industry gathered in New York City for a two-day social media event, where more than 400 salon owners, independent stylists and digital gurus attended Idealogue: Social Currency, on September 24-25 in New York City.
Hosted at Metropolitan West, Idealogue opened with a keynote speech and Q&A session with 18-time worldwide best-selling author and change agent, Seth Godin (@sethgodin), who spoke about standing above the “noise” and doing work that matters. Additional notable speakers from an array of industries included:
– Deepica Mutyala (@deepicam), on-air beauty expert, Today Show tastemaker and YouTube personality
– Ursula Stephen (@ursulastephen), visionary hairstylist behind the iconic looks of Rihanna and Kerry Washington
– Jenny Strebe (@theconfessionsofahairstylist), educator, author, curator of @theconfessionsofahairstylist
– Jamie Dana (@jamiedanahairstylist), hair blogger who teaches social media for businesses
– Jeff Arbour (@jeffarbour), co-founder of Chameleon Collective, a team of entrepreneurs and change makers who help build great companies
– Gordon Miller (@gordnm), CEO, Hairbrained
– Julius Caesar (@juliuscaesar) L.A. barber, Wahl education and artistic team member
– Maggie Mulhern (@maggiemulhern), Beauty & Fashion Director at Modern Salon
– Johnny Wright (@johnnywright220), educator and celebrity hairstylist to Michelle Obama
– Frankie Greek (@grankiefreek), Snapchat creator, social journalist and digital host at Uproxx Media
– Victor Valverde (victorval), senior hairstylist, salon guru and business consultant
Attendees absorbed information from the experts through panel discussions, TED-style talks and interactive conversations tailored specifically to the industry and its changing needs. Memorabilia and social activations were present throughout the branded space. The event also marked the official online launch of LBP’s Social Media Magic Class, which will provide each student with the tools he or she needs to create a strong social media presence in the ever-changing nature of the salon industry.
The event gained notable engagement on multiple social platforms, including:
Instagram Stories – More than 500 stories shared by 140 individuals
Instagram Posts – More than 500 posts across multiple event hashtags
Instagram engagement (platform of choice):
- Total reach (the combined audience of all individual accounts that posted at least once) – 10.6MM
- Total impressions (posts x followers) – 124MM
- Total likes + comments – 108K
- Total posts – 1.2K