Get the ‘Wright’ Look! Paul Norton, Joico Celebrity Hairstylist, created an effortlessly glamorous style for ‘House of Cards’ star, Robin Wright, and a vibrant, gorgeous look for her daughter, actress/model Dylan Penn. Learn HOW TO!
“With Robin, we decided to be bold and cut a sexy, long fringe resting just above her eyes to give her a more updated feeling,” said Paul of the gutsy move, which showed wonderful movement and looked effortlessly tousled all night.
Here’s the how-to:
– First, Paul set off Robin’s golden hair with Joico’s Blonde Life Shampoo and Conditioner (SELF Approved Beauty Award Winners), followed by Blonde Life Brightening Masque, which he left on for 15 minutes to bring up the gleam to maximum intensity.
– Then came the big bang move, followed by a good dollop of JoiWhip worked into damp strands. Paul tousled Robin’s hair until about 95% dry, then used a round, medium boar-bristle brush to refine the crown section and fringe areas. “I wanted a minimal amount of volume in her freshly-cut bangs to keep the vibe alluring,” he explains.
– Once hair was fully dry, Paul sprayed her entire head in sections with IronClad Thermal Protectant Spray to create a barrier against the heat styling that followed.
– Taking small sections from the bottom and working his way up, Paul applied Joico Design Works Shaping Spray and used a beveled flat iron to give each piece a gentle bend. “Each section had its own direction so the look would be kind of playful, messy, and sexy.”
– Finally, Paul had Robin tilt her hair back so strands were “way overdirected” while he separated and spritzed on Hair Shake (“the key product in creating this look“). A quick application of Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray and he sent the star down the red carpet.
Joining her mom for a generational glam slam of blonde, bombshell hair, actress/model Dylan Penn was also styled by Paul Norton explains how he got the gorgeous Gen X-er Emmy ready:
– It started with a blowout, working a good dollop of JoiWhip throughout Dylan’s damp hair for support and style.
– Next came IronClad Thermal Protectant Spray on all sections of her long, dimensional-blonde hair. Using a 1 ¾-inch-barrel curling iron, Paul waved the hair in alternating directions, and in varying-size sections, starting from the bottom and working his way up.
– With a flip of Dylan’s hair upside down, Paul began spraying Hair Shake from roots to ends, scrunching it in, and using his blowdryer to add even more tousle.
– After flipping back up, it was Flip Turn Volumizing Finishing Spray for the win. (And the hold.)
For Paul’s how-to and other celebrity and amazing hairstyle how-tos, visit Joico.com and click on the hairstyles or videos tabs.