This weekend OMC, the largest professional hairstylists’ organization in the world, is hosting a very special competition for those who thrive both in their careers and in the competitive hairdressing realm: OMC HAIRWORLD 2017 in Paris, France is finally HERE!
ESTETICA is already in Paris and will be there reporting live from beginning to end to give you all of the inspiration you need to revamp your looks behind the chair! This year will be extra picturesque as it will take place on September 17-18 in the beautiful Porte de Versailles, Paris.
With over 50 member countries and over 2,000,000 individual members worldwide, this is a competition that will lure 1,000 of the most competitive participants in the industry on a global scale. OMC Hairworld 2017 World Cup offers the best of international hairdressing in terms of creativity and technical skill, and is always a huge draw since the competition takes place during the biggest professional beauty show in France, MCB by Beauté Sélection.
OMC Hairworld will open with the very elegant and prestigious Hairworld Global Award Cocktail Party on Saturday, September 16. This is a night where many industry leaders will be honored for their contribution to the industry that obsessed with hairdressing.
An amazing treat this year is the Sassoon Academy show by the amazing duo Edward Darley & Mark Hayes in the final Awards Ceremony and the Gordon Miller’s Social Beauty keynote during the OMC General Assembly.
The highest OMC Awards presented annually include Hall of Fame, Sponsor, Ambassador, Education, Motivation, Academy and Best Magazine Awards. ESTETICA is happy to share the winners of the coveted Life Achievement Global Award – this year, both Ann Bray from the USA and Gigi Gandini from Italy are the recipients of this very prestigious honor!
OMC Hairworld offers a global platform to all competitors of the beauty sector of Hair, Aesthetics and Nails to become World Champions in their own field among competitors from the 5 continents. “We have come a long way since the hairdressing and beauty industry started international competitions in 1946,” says Salvatore Fodera, OMC World President. “The events have become ever more exciting and meet the highest standards. I think we are on the right path. One thing is very particular to our industry – every, but really every hairdresser loves his/her profession. I would propose to every hairdresser to go ahead, improve the standard. If there is any change to make, it would be to become even better.”
Stay tuned! ESTETICA will be in Paris with the inside scoop of who wins the gold and, of course, online coverage of the breath-taking creations that are always spotted in this annual competition! For more information on the schedule and events below, please visit www.omchairworld.com
The Weekend Will Open Saturday, September 16, 2017:
● 11am- 12 OMC ACTIVITY REPORT: At The OMC General Assembly With Salvatore Fodera OMC World President From
● 12 – 1pm GORDON MILLER In SOCIAL BEAUTY: AN INDUSTRY TRANSFORMED
● 1 – 2pm ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL AWARDS PRESENTATION
● 2 – 4pm JURY BRIEFING: All Selected Juror Members Will Receive An Envelope With The Tests They Will Judge. Trainers And Team Managers Are Welcome To Attend.
● 7.30pm OMC GLOBAL AWARD: Reception Of The Nations (Cocktail Party)
Industry Leaders Will Be Honoured For Their Contribution To The Hairdressing Profession. Lifetime Achievement Award | Hall Of Fame | Sponsor Award | Education Award Motivation | International Academy/School | Ambassador Award | Best Magazine Award
Sunday, September 17
● 9am – 3pm OMC TEAM WORLD CUP: Entry To Competitors Village 8am; Competitions Begin 9am
● 7pm AWARD Ceremonythe Awards Will Be Presented For Sunday, Tests 1-15.
● 7:30pm CREATIVE COLOR AWARD Awarded To The World Champions. Winner Of The Rst Tests Of The Sr. Ladies & Gents Hair Combination Categories.
Monday, September 18
● 9am-3pm OMC TEAM WORLD CUP: Entry To Competitors Village 8am; Competitions Starts At 9am
● 5.30pm OMC FINAL AWARDS CEREMONY OMC TEAM WORLD CUP WINNERS: Remaining Tests Of The Senior And Junior Tests. Porte De Versailles, Hall 1, Main Show Stage.
● 5.30pm OMC WORLD BEST INSTAGRAM CONTEST PRESENTATION
● 5.45pm OMC FINAL AWARD CEREMONY SASSOON ACADEMY