Sherri Hill’s Spring 2018 Collection premiered during New York Fashion Week at Gotham Hall on September 12, 2017, showcasing the power of reds, the softness of pastels, and the shimmering swing of fringes.
With BioSilk Haircare taking center stage as the show’s official hair sponsor and styling team, models walked the runway with their natural curls and sensuous, soft “bounce back” waves.
Models included the newly crowned Miss Universe Iris Mittenaere, Miss USA Kára McCullough, Corinne Foxx, Nala Wayans, Josie Canseco and Alyvia Alyn Lind. Special Guests included Jamie Foxx, Niki Taylor and Keenan Wayans.
Farouk Systems Global Artist Tammy Mixon was on hand to create each model’s look which captured healthy, shiny looks that moved with the flow of each design. According to Tammy, “The hair needed to compliment this year’s collection with soft, “bounce back” waves that were touchable and moved with the flow of each dress. Using BioSilk Haircare allowed us to accomplish the perfect loose curl that danced with each strut.”
Sherri Hill Spring 2018 Collection Hair How To:
1. To achieve soft, shiny, moveable “bounce back” curls, begin with BioSilk Volumizing Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Prior to styling, add BioSilk Silk Therapy Original to the hair for condition and shine.
3. When styling, spray the hair with BioSilk Hot Thermal Protectant Mist. It is a versatile styling product for creating sleek, wavy or curly looks.
4. Use the BioSilk Titanium 1″ Styling Iron to achieve “ribbon-like” waves by feeding the hair into the iron like curling a ribbon with scissors.
5. Next, randomly select sections and use one of the four BioSilk Titanium Curling Iron options. Depending on the model, Tammy picked the ¾”, 1″, 1 ¼” or 1 ½” size to provide multiple options for extra definition.
6. To style curls, Tammy used her fingers as combs to loosen, plump and arrange as she sprayed BioSilk Finishing Spray Natural Hold to keep the style long-lasting.
7. For that spotlight finish, spray BioSilk Shine On for added sheen and sparkle.
Photos: Getty Images